Rick Barnes to UCLA?

LRCW

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take my Tennessee raise and stay in Knoxville, if I was him. UCLA just doesn't seem to be that attractive anymore, kinda like Nebraska Football is now.

I think UCLA'S time has passed, they may be competitive every now and then...but they'll not break into the UK, KU, Duke, UNC group anytime soon.

Big difference between UCLA basketball and Nebraska football.

Nebraska was just one example. There are plenty of other teams that once dominated or were near the top year in and year out, that are just marginally good now. IU Basketball, Tennessee Football, Tennessee Women's Basketball...it's really hard to maintain dynasty level performance past one great coach. Carolina basketball has done it, Alabama and Ohio State Football have done it among others. UCLA has had spotty success since 1975 and they've had some decent coaches. They could win another title in the future, but I'll be surprised if they succeed to the point that they are in the title discussion yearly.

Nebraska was just one example. There are plenty of other teams that once dominated or were near the top year in and year out, that are just marginally good now. IU Basketball, Tennessee Football, Tennessee Women's Basketball...it's really hard to maintain dynasty level performance past one great coach. Carolina basketball has done it, Alabama and Ohio State Football have done it among others. UCLA has had spotty success since 1975 and they've had some decent coaches. They could win another title in the future, but I'll be surprised if they succeed to the point that they are in the title discussion yearly.

As it was shown it's not like they have a hard time getting recruits. It just comes down to the right coach. That can fix things very quickly. Which sounds like they are more serious about fixing it now than ever, based off the hard push they had for Cal.

Question: If Barnes takes the UCLA job, does Tennessee come calling on Bruce Pearl?, which would be his second stop at Tennessee.

No chance Pearl would leave Auburn to go back to Tennesee even if Tennesee did go for him. Pearl is at Auburn unless a traditional basketball school comes calling like a UK, UNC, Kansas, UCLA, or even Arizona if they move on from Sean Miller.

UCLA is arguably the easiest place to recruit to in the entire country. When the school starts putting the emphasis on the program the way they should, it will be a national power again. It appears they are at least making the effort now.

UCLA is arguably the easiest place to recruit to in the entire country. When the school starts putting the emphasis on the program the way they should, it will be a national power again. It appears they are at least making the effort now.

Just curious, what makes it the essiest place to recruit in the country?

Just curious, what makes it the essiest place to recruit in the country?

Storied program that is in LA. I think that about sums it up.

Pretty much. Sun, sand and girls in a big west coast city that most folks will never in their life be able to afford to live in. As far as atmosphere outside of college basketball, it's got more to offer a young 18 year old male than any where else in the country.

Pretty much. Sun, sand and girls in a big west coast city that most folks will never in their life be able to afford to live in. As far as atmosphere outside of college basketball, it's got more to offer a young 18 year old male than any where else in the country.

If that's all it takes then UCLA, Pepperdine, Hawaii, UNLV, USC, San Deigo State and Miami should be best recruiting schools in the country every year.