Trouble in Ashland already?

Thank you for the "honest appraisal". Your glowing report, which included the overused word of "great", is certainly unlike other "honest appraisals" that I have heard on the subject at hand. Also, I noted with amusement your less than subtle dig at Euton and Rose Hill. Of course those you named did cut down the nets after "winning" last year's freshman AIT, didn't they?

No dig just facts , and those who I named are still good friends with the Eutons ,sounds to me like your the one doing the digging.:D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the "honest appraisal". Your glowing report, which included the overused word of "great", is certainly unlike other "honest appraisals" that I have heard on the subject at hand. Also, I noted with amusement your less than subtle dig at Euton and Rose Hill. Of course those you named did cut down the nets after "winning" last year's freshman AIT, didn't they?

Those kids who cut down the nets after "winning" the AIT deserved that. They had prepared hard to play Rose Hill and were looking forward to the challenge. They were really disappointed they didn't get to play that game. RH forfeited at the last minute but you can't tell me they didn't realize this problem might be there earlier. Just another one of their tactics . Who knows what the outcome would have been? No one is unbeatable! Ashland kids were there and ready to play, Rose Hill wasn't...bottom line!

Apparently everyone but you knew what the outcome would be, momcat. Thus, Ashland had set up its trap well before the start of the tournament (If you check the facts, momcat, you will find out that not only Rose Hill but also Elliott County, West Carter, and East Carter, all of whom would have likely beaten your boys, were also set up to be trapped) and had made sure that KHSAA was aware of the situation. Rose Hill ,or one of the others if they had made the finals, could either play elementary students or forfeit.

However, regardless of your plotting, all must admit that Ashland was creative in finding a way to "win" a tournament that it otherwise would not have won.

If you doubt my facts, drop your spin and check it out.

However, regardless of your plotting, all must admit that Ashland was creative in finding a way to "win" a tournament that it otherwise would not have won.

Facts?!? How can you state that Ashland would not have won the tournament as a fact? It's clearly your OPINION. The only true fact, is that Ashland DID win the tournament.

Apparently everyone but you knew what the outcome would be, momcat. Thus, Ashland had set up its trap well before the start of the tournament (If you check the facts, momcat, you will find out that not only Rose Hill but also Elliott County, West Carter, and East Carter, all of whom would have likely beaten your boys, were also set up to be trapped) and had made sure that KHSAA was aware of the situation. Rose Hill ,or one of the others if they had made the finals, could either play elementary students or forfeit.

If Ashland "trapped" these teams as you say, why didn't they drop out of the tournament before it started? And I know for fact that this was not the way these kids wanted to win this tournament, they were disappointed. They wanted to beat RH on the basketball court and they believed they could. But, we'll never know will we?

You dont know your facts , Ashland had beat East Carter twice and West Carter twice with no problem last year. You just cant take it that Ashland was better , and you didnt show up. :dancingpa

Those kids who cut down the nets after "winning" the AIT deserved that. They had prepared hard to play Rose Hill and were looking forward to the challenge. They were really disappointed they didn't get to play that game. RH forfeited at the last minute but you can't tell me they didn't realize this problem might be there earlier. Just another one of their tactics . Who knows what the outcome would have been? No one is unbeatable! Ashland kids were there and ready to play, Rose Hill wasn't...bottom line!

You go Momcat:fight:

I dont like high school baseball, atleast compared to football or basketball.

If I recall correctly, out of the three, the 2004 Tomcat baseball team was the last to win a Regional Championship. Maybe you should try to enjoy Tomcat Baseball more often ;)

However, I have complete confidence in Coach Biggs to get this program back to Rupp. I've heard nothing but good things from his former players as well, and I can't wait until I get in town over Christmas to see what the team looks like. Hopefully Thomas carries some confidence over from football, where he finally had a breakout year, Wilcox will stay healthy, and McDavid will be the team leader he was in football. Don't forget about senior guards Jeremy Rose and Tyler Salyers, they were the starting guards on their freshman team that was very good, and they are very heady players who can get up and down the floor and make plays. I'm excited to see them get their chance. So let's stop this "trouble in Ashland" nonsense when there is no trouble at all and just look forward to the start of a new season and a new era of Tomcat Basketball :thumb:

However, I have complete confidence in Coach Biggs to get this program back to Rupp. I've heard nothing but good things from his former players as well, and I can't wait until I get in town over Christmas to see what the team looks like. Hopefully Thomas carries some confidence over from football, where he finally had a breakout year, Wilcox will stay healthy, and McDavid will be the team leader he was in football. Don't forget about senior guards Jeremy Rose and Tyler Salyers, they were the starting guards on their freshman team that was very good, and they are very heady players who can get up and down the floor and make plays. I'm excited to see them get their chance. So let's stop this "trouble in Ashland" nonsense when there is no trouble at all and just look forward to the start of a new season and a new era of Tomcat Basketball :thumb:

:banana: :dancingpa :ylsuper: I agree!!