Trouble in Ashland already?

TomcatPride]If I recall correctly, out of the three, the 2004 Tomcat baseball team was the last to win a Regional Championship. Maybe you should try to enjoy Tomcat Baseball more often ;)

Indeed that was a very good team. I particularly enjoyed watching them play in their last game that season. :sssh:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed that was a very good team. I particularly enjoyed watching them play in their last game that year. :sssh:

I'm not sure what causes you to have such heartburn about Ashland's athletics programs. It's nice that you take pride in the JC teams, and their accomplishments - but why the deepseated need to try to belittle the kids at Ashland?

I realize that JC beat Ashland in the quarterfinals (I was in the stands at Applebee's), and I thought their kids did an excellent job in that game. The bunt that Cook couldn't quite pick up for the play at first was laid down perfectly.

With all of that, you went exactly seven innings further in that tournament than we did. Needless to say, they weren't very pretty innings, either. I don't say that with any disrespect to the JC baseball team, rather, I say it to point out that your ":sssh: " doesn't really carry a whole lot of weight.

Frances

I'm not sure what causes you to have such heartburn about Ashland's athletics programs. It's nice that you take pride in the JC teams, and their accomplishments - but why the deepseated need to try to belittle the kids at Ashland?

I realize that JC beat Ashland in the quarterfinals (I was in the stands at Applebee's), and I thought their kids did an excellent job in that game. The bunt that Cook couldn't quite pick up for the play at first was laid down perfectly.

With all of that, you went exactly seven innings further in that tournament than we did. Needless to say, they weren't very pretty innings, either. I don't say that with any disrespect to the JC baseball team, rather, I say it to point out that your ":sssh: " doesn't really carry a whole lot of weight.

Frances

Whoa Frances , you are taking this one way out on context. I'll PM you where I am coming from. Ashland had a great team that year. It was a huge victory for Johnson Central. I certainly assure you no offense was directed at Ashland's players or their program.

Whoa Frances , you are taking this one way out on context. I'll PM you where I am coming from. Ashland had a great team that year. It was a huge victory for Johnson Central. I certainly assure you no offense was directed at Ashland's players.

My apologies, firebird. When I read your post, I took it as a shot at the Ashland kids', and the way their season ended.

I just read your PM, and I now understand how you intended that post. No problem. I hope you realize that I was simply taking up for our kids. :thumb:

Frances

My apologies, firebird. When I read your post, I took it as a shot at the Ashland kids', and the way their season ended.

I just read your PM, and I now understand how you intended that post. No problem. I hope you realize that I was simply taking up for our kids. :thumb:

Frances

No problem Frances, typed words sometimes come out wrong. It's good to know we are still pals.:thumb:

Now if I could only get GIAT to take that giant chip off his shoulder, life would be grand.:cry:

...I hate to say it, but just yesterday, Li'l Frances (we call him Frank) told me that he decided that he doesn't want to play baseball this year. As much as I'd like to see him stay with it, life will go on. He made this decision so that he could concentrate on improving his speed (such as it is), work on the weights, prepare for HS football as an incoming freshman, and work on basketball...

Whatever decision these kids make, I know that their parents will support them, and that is what really counts in the big picture.

Li'l Frances an "incoming freshman?" It doesn't seem possible. I wish him every success.

As for the "big picture"...dead on, Frances.

Now, are those cookies about ready? I'm getting ready to watch Rutgers come from behind and I need something sweet.

Li'l Frances an "incoming freshman?" It doesn't seem possible. I wish him every success.

As for the "big picture"...dead on, Frances.

Now, are those cookies about ready? I'm getting ready to watch Rutgers come from behind and I need something sweet.

LOL - I'll give him your regards, Gertie.

Tell your better half that "Frances" says hello...

Frances

Indeed that was a very good team. I particularly enjoyed watching them play in their last game that season. :sssh:

Gosh you weren't supposed to bring up what after after they won the region! :madman: In all seriousness, JC's pitcher was on (I want to say his name was Blanton?) and the Tomcat bats didn't come around until it was too late. Great team, great season.

These are young kids and changing their minds comes with youth.

Very true. :thumb: My youth affected me playing sports while I was in high school. At that age, I loved pretty much every sport, I just didn't like being told when to play them. I grew out of it, but if I had it to do over again I would have played everything I could have.