• Jacksonville
    • Kansas City
    • Bengals
    • Some other team

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, REALLY hope they do...but it is too far gone now.

Record-wise they're still right in the hunt. The reason I don't think they have a chance...

1) Their inconsistent play from week-to-week

2) No defense

3) The remaining schedule is too tough, IMO

At least they figured out that getting Chad the ball was a key to the offense. Maybe they'll remember that from week 1 next year and live up to expectations...

Record-wise they're still right in the hunt. The reason I don't think they have a chance...

1) Their inconsistent play from week-to-week

2) No defense

3) The remaining schedule is too tough, IMO

At least they figured out that getting Chad the ball was a key to the offense. Maybe they'll remember that from week 1 next year and live up to expectations...

KC and Jacksonville don't exactly have a cupcake schedule left either. I'm just not buying Jacksonville being legit playoff contenders with Garrard.

KC and Jacksonville don't exactly have a cupcake schedule left either. I'm just not buying Jacksonville being legit playoff contenders with Garrard.

Jacksonville has a big advantage over Cincy, IMO...they have a defense.

Plus, I think the Jags will be better with Garrard. If it comes to them and Cincy, I'll take the Jags.

I'm not sold on KC either, but they've already played better than I expected. And they should keep improving as they get more comfortable under Herm.

Jacksonville has a big advantage over Cincy, IMO...they have a defense.

Plus, I think the Jags will be better with Garrard. If it comes to them and Cincy, I'll take the Jags.

I'm not sold on KC either, but they've already played better than I expected. And they should keep improving as they get more comfortable under Herm.

Then why hasn't Garrard been starting for the last 3 years???

Then why hasn't Garrard been starting for the last 3 years???

Just because he's better now doesn't mean he was better 3 years ago. Plus, you know as well as I do that teams sometimes stick with QB's longer than they should...the Jags had a lot invested in Leftwich, so they weren't going to be quick to pull the plug, but there have been whispers about Garrard being better for a while now.

Look at Dallas...it's pretty obvious Romo is better than Bledsoe...why wasn't he starting before now?

Just because he's better now doesn't mean he was better 3 years ago. Plus, you know as well as I do that teams sometimes stick with QB's longer than they should...the Jags had a lot invested in Leftwich, so they weren't going to be quick to pull the plug, but there have been whispers about Garrard being better for a while now.

Look at Dallas...it's pretty obvious Romo is better than Bledsoe...why wasn't he starting before now?

Romo is young guy who didn't get a change yet and Garrard has been a backup since he came into the league.

Garrard Since entering the league- 75.4 Passer rating and 55.6 completion %.

There is no way you can be sold on him.

Romo is young guy who didn't get a change yet and Garrard has been a backup since he came into the league.

Garrard Since entering the league- 75.4 Passer rating and 55.6 completion %.

There is no way you can be sold on him.

It's virtually the same situation. Both are young guys who haven't had a chance yet. This is the first time Garrard has had the keys to the team handed to him...I'd say there is a decent chance he will improve with more playing time and as he gets more comfortable running the offense. His size, arm strength and mobility are impressive.

And I can be sold that he's better than Byron Leftwich, which is pretty much all I'm saying. He isn't going to carry the Jags, but he's pretty good. And his mobility will allow him to make plays that Leftwich can't. Just like Romo's gives him an edge on Bledsoe.

It's virtually the same situation. Both are young guys who haven't had a chance yet. This is the first time Garrard has had the keys to the team handed to him...I'd say there is a decent chance he will improve with more playing time and as he gets more comfortable running the offense. His size, arm strength and mobility are impressive.

And I can be sold that he's better than Byron Leftwich, which is pretty much all I'm saying. He isn't going to carry the Jags, but he's pretty good. And his mobility will allow him to make plays that Leftwich can't. Just like Romo's gives him an edge on Bledsoe.

He started 5 games last year. He has had some work out there before, a lot more than Romo. If Leftwhich is healthy he is the better QB. It might not matter if the Jags D keeps playing like that he won't have to do much to win anyways.

He started 5 games last year. He has had some work out there before, a lot more than Romo. If Leftwhich is healthy he is the better QB. It might not matter if the Jags D keeps playing like that he won't have to do much to win anyways.

Which is my main point...their defense. The QB doesn't have to do that much because they're built on defense. I'm not a big fan of Leftwich...I just think Garrard and his mobility fit the Jags better.

Wild Card update:

Denver/Kansas City at 7-4 hold the two wild card spots.

The Bengals at 6-5 are tied with Jacksonville, (great job Buffalo) and the Jets.

Buffalo and a hard-charging Miami team is 5-6.

Denver has lost two in a row and host Seattle Sunday night on NBC then travel to San Diego. Add in the fact that Denver may be starting a rookie QB on Sunday and there is a realistic chance they drop the next two games.

Count a win for KC this weekend as they have the Browns but the following two weeks they could drop those games. Ravens and then at San Diego.

So in two weeks from today, Denver could be 7-6 and KC 8-5 looking at going to San Diego.

Bengals pull the victory on Thursday and they could very easily be tied with KC at 8-5 going into Indy. The Denver game is looming as a potential get into the playoffs game.