Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seton Hall 84 Kentucky 83 (OT)

Featured Replies

Fantastic recruiter, average.......at best beach coach.

 

Whoever said superstar depedent is correct.....must have overwhelming talent.

 

Let's say your description of Cal is accurate. I would describe Tubby as the opposite - average recruiter, fantastic bench coach.

 

If those descriptions are accurate, who does everyone prefer?

 

Hmmm. So no one wants to pick between Tubby and Cal as described above?

  • Replies 96
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm. So no one wants to pick between Tubby and Cal as described above?

 

 

I’m a fan of neither.

 

How about above average at both?

 

Kentucky won’t accept the 3-4 year guy thing they kind of have now. And Cal didn’t go that way by choice IMHO, they are there because he was getting beat out to the top recruits and I’m sure this pay to play thing with ADIDAS has changed the game.

Cal is superstar dependent and is being exposed without it. Next year might be worse.

 

I believe that this is true and the reason that Cal gets criticized as he does by people regardless of being fans or not. He can coach, but over his coaching career, major recruits have been a maker or breaker for him IMO.

When did Wes leave the recruiting world to be an agent? The answers you seek start there...

Cal will have to win a few more titles before I would mention his name in the same conversation with Coach K.

 

Talking about winning with super stars, not his career.

You lost us at 2014 had less talent than this team....

 

1 title with the best player in school history. Coincidence?

 

No final 4 runs since 2015, which is right when he lost his mojo. Coincidence?

 

He called himself an “overrated recruiter” after losing superstar, James Wiseman who he had recruited for 2 years. I think he also knows how 2019 is gonna go.

 

This team does have more talent than that 2014 team.

From smaller schools, yes. I can guarantee schools like North Carolina, Duke or Kansas don’t view this as their “super bowl”.

 

Agreed. But a team that lost to Nebraska by 23 shouldn’t beat Kentucky. Super Bowl or not.

 

”We always get their best game” is a lame excuse.

Agreed. But a team that lost to Nebraska by 23 shouldn’t beat Kentucky. Super Bowl or not.

 

”We always get their best game” is a lame excuse.

 

I agree it is. Also, I’m a Carolina fan, I get a kick out of that excuse after every loss.

Cal is superstar dependent and is being exposed without it. Next year might be worse.

 

I don’t know how good they’ll be next year because I don’t know who will be coming back. What I do know is that Tyrese Maxey and Kahlil Whitney are both superstar caliber players. Seems like Cal has been getting second tier five stars, Maxey and Whitney are the cream of the crop.

I don’t know how good they’ll be next year because I don’t know who will be coming back. What I do know is that Tyrese Maxey and Kahlil Whitney are both superstar caliber players. Seems like Cal has been getting second tier five stars, Maxey and Whitney are the cream of the crop.

 

They are the same caliber Cal has been landing the past 4 years. Not in the top 5, fringe top 10 guys that aren't the best of the best in the class...

Hmmm. So no one wants to pick between Tubby and Cal as described above?

 

No way on earth do I want to go back to what we've had before. I want Cal and no one else to be the UK coach.

 

But I have been very disappointed with this team. Maybe it's because of how well they played in the Bahamas versus how badly Duke embarrassed them. I really think that loss took the wind out of the sail.

Tennessee beat Gonzaga yesterday and with UK struggling against good teams, we are looking at another 8 to 10 loss team. This team can not afford to give games away to teams like Seton Hall.

But I have been very disappointed with this team. Maybe it's because of how well they played in the Bahamas versus how badly Duke embarrassed them. I really think that loss took the wind out of the sail.

 

I really think the Bahamas screwed up a lot of our expectations and made people forget that there are going to be plenty of bumps along the road.

Let Kenny Payne do the X's and O's. He is much better at it than Cal.

They are the same caliber Cal has been landing the past 4 years. Not in the top 5, fringe top 10 guys that aren't the best of the best in the class...

 

I gave up on recruiting when someone labeled Quade, a 5 star. Forget the stars for Cal, he needs 1-2 of the top 5 overall, which I’m sure you’re well aware of. Basically, he needs the Duke plan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.