Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seton Hall 84 Kentucky 83 (OT)

Featured Replies

There is nothing more entertaining to read on BGP than a UK basketball thread after a loss.

 

No doubt about it. Always interesting seeing the over the top comments after losses. Yes this team has a lot to get better at still. Imo the defense is getting better. Some of those shots SH made today were tough shots, where you just have to tip your hat to them. Defense is still not great but is getting better.

 

At the end of the day. I ask people besides 2013. Has their been any season since Cal has been here. That he has had a team not playing to their potential and playing their best come tournament time?

 

Come tournament time they usually are playing to their potential and playing their best. Which this team is very talented. So as long as he does what he does with all his teams. This team will be just fine and one of the favorites come March.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May not have changed things, but as soon as Hagans didn't rush the ball up the floor, Cal has to call a timeout. He doesn't do it in those situations & it cost him today.

 

Myles Powell was a monster. Guys was absolutely unconscious from deep.

 

Powell was certainly the player of the game. Washington had good numbers but still not quite there.

Fantastic recruiter, average.......at best beach coach.

 

Whoever said superstar depedent is correct.....must have overwhelming talent.

Hmmm hard to say that imo. I wouldn't say the 2011 team was said to have a superstar on the team at the beginning of the year and they made the final four with Josh Harrellson playing center. 2014 didnt have a true superstar as you said and they made the finals.

 

This years team definitely has enough talent. Just have to put it together still.

 

That's where I'm at. Like watching a drunk guy put together a jigsaw puzzle. All of the pieces are there but right now, they might as well be upside down.

Fantastic recruiter, average.......at best beach coach.

 

Whoever said superstar depedent is correct.....must have overwhelming talent.

 

That was me and I’ve been saying it for years. Marcus Camby made Cal, nothing has changed since then. I rather roll the ball out to Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Towns, Fox and have an exciting season and see what happens in March. If March is “random” can we at least go back to dominating November through February?

Fantastic recruiter, average.......at best beach coach.

 

Whoever said superstar depedent is correct.....must have overwhelming talent.

 

If Duke drops 1-2 more and doesn't play in the Championship game, what do we say about Coach K?

Fantastic recruiter, average.......at best beach coach.

 

Whoever said superstar depedent is correct.....must have overwhelming talent.

 

That was me and I’ve been saying it for years. Marcus Camby made Cal, nothing has changed since then. I rather roll the ball out to Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Towns, Fox and have an exciting season and see what happens in March. If March is “random” can we at least go back to dominating November through February?

 

You all would have strong cases of 2011 and 2014 never happened. 2011 final four and 2014 national runner up. King of kills your alls have to have super stars for him to do well. Those two teams probably had overall less talent than this current UK team and didnt have superstars like a Wall, Davis, Towns, MKG, etc. Yet still made deep runs.

 

So those years kind of kill yours all theory. Since you all are already saying it for this year at the beginning of December. I have a feeling we may be able to add 2019 to the 2011, and 2014 that goes against your alls theories.

Edited by futurecoach

That was me and I’ve been saying it for years. Marcus Camby made Cal, nothing has changed since then. I rather roll the ball out to Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Towns, Fox and have an exciting season and see what happens in March. If March is “random” can we at least go back to dominating November through February?

 

To add more to my post. John Calipari had UMass, yes Umass who has sucked since he left. The three years before Camby even joined. He has UMass ranked in the final poll those 3 years before Camby. 17th, 14th and 8th. That doesnt seem like he needed Camby to make UMass a top 20 team. Camby just pushed them to the top. If he stayed at Umass, they probably become a consistent top 10 team.

 

At Memphis the years before he got a superstar like D Rose. He finished those seasons as the 4th and 5th Ranked teams the two years before Rose ever arrived. So seems like he did pretty good making them a top 10 team without super stars.

 

Then when you add in the 2011 and 2014 years I ready mentioned. It kind of defeats the narrative a few of you all have on him.

 

When he he had that nice streak of top guys like Rose, Wall, Davis. Etc. It made people forget he has been very successful even without those true cant miss superstars too. It's always easy to remember super stars. But doesn't change the fact other years happened.

 

2 of the last talked about years ever by UK fans are 2011 and 2014. Somehow 2010 gets talked about more. People remember star players. Which is why people overlook how he has been successful without those true super stars too.

Fantastic recruiter, average.......at best beach coach.

 

Whoever said superstar depedent is correct.....must have overwhelming talent.

 

Let's say your description of Cal is accurate. I would describe Tubby as the opposite - average recruiter, fantastic bench coach.

 

If those descriptions are accurate, who does everyone prefer?

Kentucky sucks. Plain and simple. Every year I hear about how this could be Cal's best defensive team, and every year they couldn't even guard me. I don't want to hear about how they'll get better. They suck.

We see you.

That kid from Seton Hall couldn't do that again if his life depended on it.

 

You clearly don't know much about Miles Powell. That kid can fill it up from anywhere, and when he's in rhythm it's lights out...

Cal, take a timeout at the end of the game. You have done this way to many times. Set up a play.

I'm glad I chose to work overtime rather than stay home to watch this disaster. I have a feeling that I'll be working a lot of weekends this winter.

You clearly don't know much about Miles Powell. That kid can fill it up from anywhere, and when he's in rhythm it's lights out...

 

I admit I haven't seen him play before, but if hitting those types of contested shots in the norm for him, why in the world is he at Seton Hall? Seems like a lot of bigger programs dropped the ball with his recruitment.

I admit I haven't seen him play before, but if hitting those types of contested shots in the norm for him, why in the world is he at Seton Hall? Seems like a lot of bigger programs dropped the ball with his recruitment.

 

Short answer is because he was fat when he was in high school. He's dropped at least 25 pounds since arriving at Seton Hall. Could always flat fill it up, but was seen as unathletic and out of shape...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.