Where will third game be played?

wailupebob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The football fans in KY won't all show up because they have seen it before and it is old news, not interesting to the whole state any more.

I seem to remember a lot of fans with this stance upset that they missed the T 59 - Male 56 game. Shame on them...

WOW...I missed the whole intent of this thread.

I would think that you would want to play at the home stadium. The kids go through the same routine and defend their home turf.

On the other hand if your used to playing at The Pizza Box then??

As far as I'm conserned, as it stands right now, its up to the host team as to the venue of the game.

I seem to remember a lot of fans with this stance upset that they missed the T 59 - Male 56 game. Shame on them...

Wasn't this game televised? I think I remember watching this on TV, maybe it was all the highlights.

NKY had CCH/Highlands game live and they all thought it was the best game ever. That T/Male game had to top them all.

On the other hand if your used to playing at The Pizza Box then?

I can see the arugment for wanting to be at home...but as far as the Big III goes, as long as the field conditions are ideal, there would be no advantage, IMO. I also think we are highly comfortable with the Pizza Box, (and it allows for better tailgating :D)....We have played 10 games there, I think.

It is just my opinion that there should not be any playoff games held at Papa John. The KHSAA is always harping and debating on making everything an even playing field. Some teams are not as fortunate to have field turf. W/that said we do have field turf and no longer have to go to UC to practice the week of the state finals.

Why can't these games be held at the home teams field, they do have a field, don't they?

Not good football, great football!

No sir, St. X does not have a football stadium. Unlike most schools (yours perhaps?) the taxpayers did not fund a stadium for St. X. When you post that " I think we will just play at home on our own fieldturf" you acknowledge that St. X is in an inferior position to your school, since X has to find a stadium to rent for every "home" game.

As to not being permitted to play at Papa Johns until the title game, many X fans would concur, with this caveat: You can play there at any time, like X, but your playoff road to the title is Manual, Male, Trinity all in succesion. X will stay out of Papa Johns but will assume your schedule.

Deal? :D

Being fair to 3pt, I agree with him to some extent that by X and T having had the opportunity to play at Papa Johns during the regular season and sometimes the playoffs, it does give them some slight advantage in the state game when they play against a team that has not done so. Playing in a huge (for high schoolers) stadium is somewhat awe inspiring and intimidating the first time you play in it.

That having been said, I see nothing wrong in what X and T are doing and do not think for a moment that the KHSAA should prohibit such. Its the only nearby venue that I can think of that permits all those that want to attend to attend. And if the hosting school wants to give up the home field advantage to accomodate their alumni and perhaps make even more money than if the game was played at T's home field or at Manual's stadium (in the case of X), that's totally their perogative. Frankly I think its very smart on their part to do it for those reasons, plus their kids do get the feel of playing at Papa Johns before the state title game if they get there.