Where will third game be played?

wailupebob

Belfry, my question exactly. My original question regarding do the Louis teams rent Pizza Palace or is it a courtesy thing? I don't have a problem w/schools using any college field during the reg season, it's the playoffs I question using Papa John. If one team gets to use it then why not everyone?

Since you speak of such a large alumni base why don't the alumni raise the money to buy property/build a stadium? I don't know the geographics of the distance between the two big dogs, would this even be possible for two such igo's to join together to do something like this? We had one family pay for most of the cost of our new fieldturf. If the two Louis schools alumni enjoy their football as you put it, come together and do something.

Up North, where we are forgotten by most of the state, across the river is Cinti, OH. There playoff system has their H.S. play at numerous college fields around the state at certain levels during the playoffs. Could KY do this?

A stadium like PJCS would cost $60 to $80 million dollars. That doesn't seem like a very wise use of resources. As I understand the playoffs, the teams involved split the net. I am sure that they have to rent the stadium. I don't have any idea what it costs to rent. You seem to resent the fact that the crowds that follow Trinity and X are large enough to justify renting the stadium. I repeat, if it bothers you that much, rent it yourself. Perphaps you could get your alumni together to raise the money.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A stadium like PJCS would cost $60 to $80 million dollars. That doesn't seem like a very wise use of resources. As I understand the playoffs, the teams involved split the net. I am sure that they have to rent the stadium. I don't have any idea what it costs to rent. You seem to resent the fact that the crowds that follow Trinity and X are large enough to justify renting the stadium. I repeat, if it bothers you that much, rent it yourself. Perphaps you could get your alumni together to raise the money.

No resentment at all. Those large crowds are great for the schools and not to mention their pockets. I don't think I was asking the alumni to build a $60-$80 million dollar stadium. There are a few teams in Cinti that get the same crowds as you all and they play there games at their own field during the reg season.

Peprock said 35,000 in attendance? How accurate is this? That is hard to believe that many people come to a regular season game.

My point to all this is I don't think there should be any playoff games played at Papa John, this is just my opinion and everyone seems to be blowing it out of proportion.

No resentment at all. Those large crowds are great for the schools and not to mention their pockets. I don't think I was asking the alumni to build a $60-$80 million dollar stadium. There are a few teams in Cinti that get the same crowds as you all and they play there games at their own field during the reg season.

Peprock said 35,000 in attendance? How accurate is this? That is hard to believe that many people come to a regular season game.

My point to all this is I don't think there should be any playoff games played at Papa John, this is just my opinion and everyone seems to be blowing it out of proportion.

Have you never been to a Trinity X game?

I have wondered what they will do since the brackets was announced. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt their usualy a bigger turnout during the regular season game than the state championship game. I mean people from all over has that game marked and packs in. I for one feel you guys got the shaft and should play for state title. I think it just completes a good football season. I have nothing but respect for those two schools they are talented and I love to watch them play.

The stadium has been on hold from what I understand, for the third round, since the playoff revisions were announced in May.

This is true, Papa John's is available if needed.

And believe me, the teams that play at Papa John's during playoff time do not get to use the stadium as a courtesy. The four teams that played last weekend (X, Manual, Ballard & Seneca) split the rental cost equally.

This statement alone tells me that your opinion isn't based on much knowledge of the situation. Especially considering that in recent years the attendance has been higher than 35,000.

I have wondered what they will do since the brackets was announced. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt their usualy a bigger turnout during the regular season game than the state championship game. I mean people from all over has that game marked and packs in. I for one feel you guys got the shaft and should play for state title. I think it just completes a good football season. I have nothing but respect for those two schools they are talented and I love to watch them play.

State game usually has about half as many people. Part of that is the weather, the short amount of time the game is known about (a week in advance) and as you said, the regular season game is marked down well ahead of time for many out of town/state/country guests.

I don't want to speak for 3ptshooter but I think his point ( maybe?) is that a team may gain advantage by playing in PJS before the state final or maybe that the honor of playing in that stadium should be reserved until the final? I can only suggest what I think he was saying.

I know that Colerain beat Moeller in triple overtime this past weekend at Colerain and they had to turn people away. Contrast that with 3 years ago that Colerain, St X, Elder and Moeller played at Paul Brown and drew 48,000 for a playoff doubleheader. Obviously, Colerain thought the friendly confines of their own high school stadium would be best. Imagine if Male and Trinity moved the games to Papa Johns for this weekend? H and T earned the right to put the playoff games wherever they want during the regular season. I wonder if the X and H crowd showed up in the 3rd quarter of the T and Ballard game and the game was tied? Who cheers for who? I imagine the underdog would pull the crowd. It would be a great atmosphere but it won't happen.

Belfry, my question exactly. My original question regarding do the Louis teams rent Pizza Palace or is it a courtesy thing? I don't have a problem w/schools using any college field during the reg season, it's the playoffs I question using Papa John. If one team gets to use it then why not everyone?Anybody that wants to rent PJCS can. There is no restriction.Since you speak of such a large alumni base why don't the alumni raise the money to buy property/build a stadium? I don't know the geographics of the distance between the two big dogs, would this even be possible for two such igo's to join together to do something like this? We had one family pay for most of the cost of our new fieldturf. If the two Louis schools alumni enjoy their football as you put it, come together and do something.Triinity and X both just built or are building new stadiums and 100% of the money for them was raised through private donations and neither would be adequate for a T/X matchup.

Up North, where we are forgotten by most of the state, across the river is Cinti, OH. There playoff system has their H.S. play at numerous college fields around the state at certain levels during the playoffs. Could KY do this?Any school is free to rent any facility they would like for a playoff game.

I don't see the problem.

Unfortunately, our 1A school can not afford to rent Papa John as I am sure 95% of the high schools can not afford the cost. Do the teams that play there during the yr/playoffs have to rent the stadium or is it given to them as a courtesy thing?

I honestly could care less where everyone plays during the reg. season, just don't think there should be any playoff games at Papa John. I can't remember but I don't think there were any playoff games played at EKU when they were held there?

If the alumni(T/X) don't want to be turned away why don't they raise some money and build a bigger stadium at the school?

If it's any consolation we don't have to pay rent for our regular season escapade in the Pizza Box.....we get the place FREE....they get the concessions.

That number is accurate and was rumored to be getting close to 40K this year, however mother nature laid down her hand.....

You know what though? As long as you want to rent it, you sure can.

I would ventture this is how it goes....

If Male and Trinity win....it will be at Male or Trinity (I don't know who has homefield)

If X and Trinity win...it will be at the Pizza Box....

If Male and Ballard win....it will be at Male

If X and Ballard win....it will be at ????????????? (they don't want to play at Manual stadium I am sure.)

Up North, where we are forgotten by most of the state, across the river is Cinti, OH. There playoff system has their H.S. play at numerous college fields around the state at certain levels during the playoffs. Could KY do this?

I'm not sure if there are enough neutral site college fields in the state. Ohio has a great deal of small colleges that can neutrally host the game. There are a very few in Kentucky:

Major Venues

-Papa John's Stadium

-Commonwealth Stadium

Large College Venues

-Murray State

-Western Kentucky

-Eastern Kentucky

-Georgetown College

-Morehead State

Small College Venues

Probably not big enough to host a playoff game; similar seating as many high schools

-Campbellsville

-Union College

-Cumberlands

-Pikeville (I think they actually play at Pikeville High School?)

-Thomas More

-Centre

Thanks for all the pot shots and compliments. Let me try to remember all that was asked of me.

94camel:No, I have never been to an X/T game and have no intentions of going to one. I did have the pleasure of being involved w/a few of the players in '94 on the KY ALL STAR Team.

BuddyBW:You are right, I have no knowlegde of what is going on w/Louis H.S. football when it comes to attendance. I do know there are always power houses down there and there is a very good chance there will be a state champion crowned that is from Louis.

Jimmyref:Thank you for speaking English for me. Hopefully everyone from Louis understood your comments.

Alltell:I don't think many schools(games) would attract the same crowd as the big dogs from Louis, so it wouldn't be worth the money to rent PJCS and be broke the rest of the yr from paying the rental fee.(How much is that?)

Rockpride:I think we will just play at home on our own fieldturf infront of our small crowd. We haven't had many problems getting to Louis that first weekend of Dec. We can wait our turn but thanks for offering us to rent the Pizza Palace. It is much more fun playing there for free one time each yr if we are fortunate to get there.