Where will third game be played?

wailupebob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who wins? Male vs T/Ballard, Male home team, X vs T, T home team, X vs Ballard, X home team.

Your right, the spoiled Louis teams will get this game at Pizza Palace!!

Spoiled?

Sounds to me like someone else's grapes have lost their flavor. :sssh:

It is just my opinion that there should not be any playoff games held at Papa John. The KHSAA is always harping and debating on making everything an even playing field. Some teams are not as fortunate to have field turf. W/that said we do have field turf and no longer have to go to UC to practice the week of the state finals.

Why can't these games be held at the home teams field, they do have a field, don't they?

Not good football, great football!

It is just my opinion that there should not be any playoff games held at Papa John. The KHSAA is always harping and debating on making everything an even playing field. Some teams are not as fortunate to have field turf. W/that said we do have field turf and no longer have to go to UC to practice the week of the state finals.

Why can't these games be held at the home teams field, they do have a field, don't they?

It's not a matter of the playing field, its a matter of crowd control. A game between two of the big schools in Louisville draws a crowd that very few high school facilities in the state can handle.

It's not a matter of the playing field, its a matter of crowd control. A game between two of the big schools in Louisville draws a crowd that very few high school facilities in the state can handle.

It not only happens in Louis but other high school games also. Our stadium is not big enough to handle the crowd for Fridays game either but we can't go to a Univ Stadium to play our game. Matter of crowd control or MONEY! We pay the police to take care of the crowd and if it gets too crowded they will close the gates.

I am sure there is not a high school stadium in the state to handle the Louis school games but they still should play at the home teams field. That is the joy of getting home field advantage although I am sure most of the Louis teams feel right at home at Papa John.

It not only happens in Louis but other high school games also. Our stadium is not big enough to handle the crowd for Fridays game either but we can't go to a Univ Stadium to play our game. Matter of crowd control or MONEY! We pay the police to take care of the crowd and if it gets too crowded they will close the gates.

I am sure there is not a high school stadium in the state to handle the Louis school games but they still should play at the home teams field. That is the joy of getting home field advantage although I am sure most of the Louis teams feel right at home at Papa John.

Actually the only Louisville teams that play there on a regular basis that I am aware of are Trinity and St.X on account of their rivalry game being played there. I have no problem with the games being held at a neutral field especially as it allows for more people to attend the games than would be able to do so in a safe manner otherwise.

Trinity and St.X when playing each other cannot play in any high school stadium in the city and if alumni were turned away at these games given the import of the rivalry there would be some massive complaints to both schools administrations and athletic departments.

At the same time you seem to be saying that because you can't do that, then no one should? So Scott County should be using Georgetown's field and Bowling Green shouldn't use Western Kentucky's? Just because some schools do not have the opportunity to do so, it does not mean that those who do should not be allowed to do so.

Uh, why can't you go to a university stadium? There may be very good reasons not to, (distance, cost) but I think you are perfectly free to schedule the game wherever you choose. Why, if you want to, you could even call the University of Louisville and rent PJCS.

Uh, why can't you go to a university stadium? There may be very good reasons not to, (distance, cost) but I think you are perfectly free to schedule the game wherever you choose. Why, if you want to, you could even call the University of Louisville and rent PJCS.

Unfortunately, our 1A school can not afford to rent Papa John as I am sure 95% of the high schools can not afford the cost. Do the teams that play there during the yr/playoffs have to rent the stadium or is it given to them as a courtesy thing?

I honestly could care less where everyone plays during the reg. season, just don't think there should be any playoff games at Papa John. I can't remember but I don't think there were any playoff games played at EKU when they were held there?

If the alumni(T/X) don't want to be turned away why don't they raise some money and build a bigger stadium at the school?

Unfortunately, our 1A school can not afford to rent Papa John as I am sure 95% of the high schools can not afford the cost. Do the teams that play there during the yr/playoffs have to rent the stadium or is it given to them as a courtesy thing?

I honestly could care less where everyone plays during the reg. season, just don't think there should be any playoff games at Papa John. I can't remember but I don't think there were any playoff games played at EKU when they were held there?

If the alumni(T/X) don't want to be turned away why don't they raise some money and build a bigger stadium at the school?

Also we are not the only ones who have used it. In fact Ballard and Seneca used it after Manual and St.X on Friday. Outside of T-X in September the revenue wouldn't be possible for just two teams to use it. Usually there are double headers there on other occasions.

I don't know if anyone has the space to build a stadium at a high school that can accomodate over 35,000 people. Not in Kentucky anyway. So more or less you'll have to get over the fact that two of the largest schools with two of the largest alumni bases that draw over 35,000 for their annual rivalry game. No school in Kentucky could afford that, just because you seem to resent the fact that other schools use it doesn't mean that it should be used.

Again you never seemed to respond to my comments about other schools that make regular use of college stadiums. Why exactly is that?

I dont got a dog in this fight but if I was the home team I would kind of want it on my home field just for the advantage but I understand going there completely.

Just out of curosity though if they was to play at the Pizza Box how would they do this? Would the team with homefield advantage pay the cost to rent it or would they split it or what? Im just curious on a playoff game like that. I guess the homefield team should have the decission and the cost to cover since they are the ones witht he homefield advantage.

Belfry, my question exactly. My original question regarding do the Louis teams rent Pizza Palace or is it a courtesy thing? I don't have a problem w/schools using any college field during the reg season, it's the playoffs I question using Papa John. If one team gets to use it then why not everyone?

Since you speak of such a large alumni base why don't the alumni raise the money to buy property/build a stadium? I don't know the geographics of the distance between the two big dogs, would this even be possible for two such igo's to join together to do something like this? We had one family pay for most of the cost of our new fieldturf. If the two Louis schools alumni enjoy their football as you put it, come together and do something.

Up North, where we are forgotten by most of the state, across the river is Cinti, OH. There playoff system has their H.S. play at numerous college fields around the state at certain levels during the playoffs. Could KY do this?

I dont got a dog in this fight but if I was the home team I would kind of want it on my home field just for the advantage but I understand going there completely.

Just out of curosity though if they was to play at the Pizza Box how would they do this? Would the team with homefield advantage pay the cost to rent it or would they split it or what? Im just curious on a playoff game like that. I guess the homefield team should have the decission and the cost to cover since they are the ones witht he homefield advantage.

The stadium has been on hold from what I understand, for the third round, since the playoff revisions were announced in May.