Patterson/Lucas Update

Mr. No Name

We shall see.

Coach K is pressing the father for him to wait til the spring.

The one quote I read is that he will probably wait til the spring but announce in Jan/Feb, which makes too little sense to me.

Joe Crawford wanted to sign in the early period and his father got him to put it off until the spring. Many felt UK led in the fall and he was going to sign with UK and ultimately did so.

Agreed, PP is the much bigger priority in this class.

If they can nab him and all players return, then UK is a serious title contender next year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will just have to be patient with Patterson. I hope if he does wait, that he will atleast wait until after he takes 2 trips to Lexington to play in Memorial Coliseum. I would imagine that both games will be packed with fans chanting his name.

As for Harris, Ive heard hes just a great athlete who improves our athleticism and Ive also heard hes a great shooter!

I think hes probably just a great athlete who will help down the road if he comes here.

Patterson may not wait until the spring...nothing for sure there.

Interesting piece I heard tonight.

Darius Rice, remember him.. became a pretty solid player at Miami Florida?

He faxed his LOI to the UK offices, without his dad's signature. Dad refused to sign it. He had a few thousand reasons not too. Ended up at Miami, when Leonard Hamilton was there

Patterson may not wait until the spring...nothing for sure there.

Interesting piece I heard tonight.

Darius Rice, remember him.. became a pretty solid player at Miami Florida?

He faxed his LOI to the UK offices, without his dad's signature. Dad refused to sign it. He had a few thousand reasons not too. Ended up at Miami, when Leonard Hamilton was there

You mean Leonard Hamilton as in Joe B's #1 recruiter?

BTW, that's a rhetorical question for those of you who think I'm really wondering.

From what I'm hearing, and it's pretty reliable, is that UK is still in the lead for Lucas and Maryland is a close second. Many people are assuming problems because he hasn't committed and because it's been a while since he was at UK.

Patterson is really still a toss-up. I'm hearing that it's between UK and Florida and that his parents want him to go to UK (even though his dad likes Duke) and that he is still split between the two. If he decides to sign in the spring, which is most likely going to happen, he has two games in Lexington for the fans to persuade him. I, personally, think he's waiting to see if Florida lose their big men, even though they already have a PF for '07 and several underclassmen PFs. I'd really hate to lose him and especially to Florida. UK has been on this kid for over a year now and need to really put some special things together this season to get him at UK.

Lucas will committ to OSU/Maryland Very Soon.

Patterson will committ to Florida Within the next 2-3 months.

So it's over them, can a mod please close this thread...

OK, with recruits these days things change on a daily basis. There is no possible way that you can have an accurate time table for which these guys will commit.

I really feel like Kentucky is putting all their "cookies into one jar" (patterson) rather than going for a multiple recruits and keeping all doors open.

Patterson would be nice, but I don't think he is a must get. Kentucky basketball will move forward without PP or Jia.