Harmon ineligible?

The family brought the spotlight on themselves.

I mentioned nothing about the spotlight. The exposure that I referred to is the attention from colleges and recruiting. I am in favor of the kid getting to play a sport that he obviously loves. I'm always amazed at the amount of disdain and hate showed towards situations like this. I wished him and his family well moving forward. I hope they get a handle on things and figure out the best viable option for Zion. I would hope that's what all adults on this site would like to see.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned nothing about the spotlight. The exposure that I referred to is the attention from colleges and recruiting. I am in favor of the kid getting to play a sport that he obviously loves. I'm always amazed at the amount of disdain and hate showed towards situations like this. I wished him and his family well moving forward. I hope they get a handle on things and figure out the best viable option for Zion. I would hope that's what all adults on this site would like to see.

The hate and criticism he has received from journalists has been the one thing that has caught my attention. I’ve never seen so many people clamoring for a kid to be ruled ineligible like this.

I’m still not seeing it. He made a statement of his opinion about the coaching in KY.

I guess I am looking for something more blatant.

I agree, but he mentioned Huntington Prep, which is a basketball focused you could say the same about Hamilton Heights now. But I think the kicker is he mentions that the you better coaching and competition and he wasn't referring to the classroom.

Also Edward Marlow had this piece in the Paducah Sun. 5/25/2018

Friday afternoon, Mike Harmon, Zion's father, also confirmed that he and his son have made some trips to the area and do have some interest departing Adair County for new high school basketball opportunities.

What those opportunities may be, Mike said, is still a very undecided thing. He specifically mentioned Marshall County, McCracken County, Scott County, Bowling Green or a prep route (such as Hamilton Heights Academy out of Chattanooga, Tennessee) as potential paths benefiting both the family and Zion's basketball development.

However, Mike did mention that there is still hesitation in bringing Zion to First Region basketball for two reasons.

Would his son get tested by local talent on a regular basis? And would his son still be able to score at a very high rate in the region's very obvious - and sometimes deliberate - pace of play?

I agree, but he mentioned Huntington Prep, which is a basketball focused you could say the same about Hamilton Heights now. But I think the kicker is he mentions that the you better coaching and competition and he wasn't referring to the classroom.

Also Edward Marlow had this piece in the Paducah Sun. 5/25/2018

Friday afternoon, Mike Harmon, Zion's father, also confirmed that he and his son have made some trips to the area and do have some interest departing Adair County for new high school basketball opportunities.

What those opportunities may be, Mike said, is still a very undecided thing. He specifically mentioned Marshall County, McCracken County, Scott County, Bowling Green or a prep route (such as Hamilton Heights Academy out of Chattanooga, Tennessee) as potential paths benefiting both the family and Zion's basketball development.

However, Mike did mention that there is still hesitation in bringing Zion to First Region basketball for two reasons.

Would his son get tested by local talent on a regular basis? And would his son still be able to score at a very high rate in the region's very obvious - and sometimes deliberate - pace of play?

I definitely can see how that would be taken as transferring for athletic reasons. The Cracker Jack lawyer in me feels like I could make a fairly reasonable explanation for those comments though. :lol2:

I definitely can see how that would be taken as transferring for athletic reasons. The Cracker Jack lawyer in me feels like I could make a fairly reasonable explanation for those comments though. :lol2:

A good lawyer can swing it anyway, when it comes down to it. Media can put any spin they want to on it also, but if I was Mike Harmon I wouldn't of talked to any media, but deep down I think that's what he wants. I'll assume he knew Zion playing in the all-star game would get him suspended for a few games(idiotic), but he did it anyways, to push the agenda.

• 2 months later...

It appears Zion Harmon will be playing for Bella Vista Prep out of Arizona Friday night at Marshall County. Still enrolled at Marshall County and this will not effect his eligibility to play for Marshall County next year.

It appears Zion Harmon will be playing for Bella Vista Prep out of Arizona Friday night at Marshall County. Still enrolled at Marshall County and this will not effect his eligibility to play for Marshall County next year.

What a circus.

If this isn't a soap opera, what would be a correct title ?

Who are they supposed to play, on the KHSAA it has them playing Christian Fellowship.