Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harmon ineligible?

Featured Replies

It’s a case by case decision. I’ve seen kids move away from their whole family and be ruled eligible.

 

I must have missed that part of it. I don’t remember his dad saying they moved for athletic purposes.

 

An excerpt from an interview with Josh Moore of the Lex Herald Header 5/29/18

 

"Mike, who is a traveling nurse, told the Herald-Leader that several out-of-state prep schools have been in touch — Hamilton Heights Christian Academy in Tennessee and Huntington Prep in West Virginia among them — but the family wants to remain in Kentucky.

 

"For a guard, there's a good level of competition and there's good coaching in Kentucky"

 

If I'm KHSAA I can easy see that as an athletic based move.

  • Replies 225
  • Views 60.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excerpt from an interview with Josh Moore of the Lex Herald Header 5/29/18

 

"Mike, who is a traveling nurse, told the Herald-Leader that several out-of-state prep schools have been in touch — Hamilton Heights Christian Academy in Tennessee and Huntington Prep in West Virginia among them — but the family wants to remain in Kentucky.

 

"For a guard, there's a good level of competition and there's good coaching in Kentucky"

 

If I'm KHSAA I can easy see that as an athletic based move.

 

I’m still not seeing it. He made a statement of his opinion about the coaching in KY.

 

I guess I am looking for something more blatant.

Is it still possible that he could go back to Adair?

Is it still possible that he could go back to Adair?

From cases I’ve seen in the past his eligibility at Adair County should still be good.

I know back in the mid 2000’s our local school had a player transfer to Clay County and was ruled eligible to play there but when he later in the school year transferred back to his original school the KHSAA ruled him ineligible. I talked to the Commissioner on the phone and she said even though he was living in his home county he was ineligible but was eligible to play at Clay. It’s been a while and I don’t recall what the technicalities were but that was their decision.

I’m still not seeing it. He made a statement of his opinion about the coaching in KY.

 

I guess I am looking for something more blatant.

 

In one of the 1st articles from this spring, the dad listed the schools they were considering going for Zion to play at in the upcoming year.

In one of the 1st articles from this spring, the dad listed the schools they were considering going for Zion to play at in the upcoming year.

 

I read that. He chose Marshall County over Scott County. That doesn’t scream “moving for athletic reasons” to me.

I just hope the family and his team gets a handle on this. He doesn't need exposure at this point. Maybe a prep school wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Is it still possible that he could go back to Adair?

He won't be back at Adair. That ship has sailed, and its probably best for both sides as it would cause a lot of drama towards the team if he did attempt to come back.

You have a very good point!

I don't know much about AAU basketball but I assume they don't play during the high school basketball season. If that is true and if the young man remains ineligible for KHSAA competition, what options are open for him to play this autumn and winter?

I don't know much about AAU basketball but I assume they don't play during the high school basketball season. If that is true and if the young man remains ineligible for KHSAA competition, what options are open for him to play this autumn and winter?

 

I’m guessing prep school or just work out with a trainer. If he can’t play at Marshall County this year I am intrigued to find out what their next move would be. Will they stay there and play next year when he is eligible or will they leave KY and never come back?

I just hope the family and his team gets a handle on this. He doesn't need exposure at this point. Maybe a prep school wouldn't be such a bad idea.
The family brought the spotlight on themselves.
The family brought the spotlight on themselves.

 

Amen and Amen.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Fixed quote tags

The family brought the spotlight on themselves.

 

The spotlight is deserved but the ruling is out of spite.

I'm curious if there is enough pushback from the Marshall County folks that weren't too excited to have Zion join the club that it could have hurt the ruling. Those folks in Marshall County can be pretty connected to the right people. Sounded like several weren't that thrilled Zion was there. I for one was hoping to see him play just to have a high caliber kid in western KY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.