Jared Lorenzen E60

Saw and spoke to this gentleman yesterday at a basketball tourney in NKY where his son was playing...Very humble and nice guy. He was just sitting by himself. I saw a couple of kids talking to him and getting pics. I told him his name is still on a banner in our middle school for winning a basketball championship, he said wow...

I'll never forget watching a NY Giants pre-season game, Lorenzen decided to tuck and run to the sideline. The defensive back decided to give him a shot to make sure he went OOB and the guy bounced back off Jared like a rubber ball.

Saw and spoke to this gentleman yesterday at a basketball tourney in NKY where his son was playing...Very humble and nice guy. He was just sitting by himself. I saw a couple of kids talking to him and getting pics. I told him his name is still on a banner in our middle school for winning a basketball championship, he said wow...

Jared coaches for the Red Devils football team.

I'll never forget JayLo in a basketball game at the Sweet 16 finals for the KY high school championship. Derek Smith released down the sideline after a shot and Jarrod snagged the rebound and threw an absolute missile to Derrek. Not one dribble, Derrek dunked the ball.

That was absolute bread and butter for Highlands that season competing in the 9th Region. With Smith's size, it was a nightmare for most teams to try and defend.

• 11 months later...

KSR's Matt Jones is reporting that Jared's family has told Jones that Jared is currently in the ICU battling an infection, kidney & heart issues. He went to the hospital on Friday after "a few weeks" of not feeling well.

The didn't give any further details, but this is really concerning. Unchecked high blood pressure causes kidney failure (blood pressure problems are one of the primary causes for most longterm dialysis patients being in their positions), and kidneys not functioning properly causes massive infections and septicemia.