Bardstown bourbon rickhouse collapses

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know anything about the production of bourbon but I don’t see how any of the barrels that aren’t broken open would be damaged goods. The bourbon itself is not going to go bad simply because it’s been outside the rick house. Pick those babies up and store them in another structure. Bottled them up and put them on the market when they’re ready.

I don’t know anything about the production of bourbon but I don’t see how any of the barrels that aren’t broken open would be damaged goods. The bourbon itself is not going to go bad simply because it’s been outside the rick house. Pick those babies up and store them in another structure. Bottled them up and put them on the market when they’re ready.

When I toured Makers they go thru a very scientific process of aging. They spend different amount of time at each level within the structure. The barrels are marked but They may not have space where needed? They may be able to preserve the booze but it may not taste the same as the normal 1792.

• 7 months later...

Hasn't been a good stretch of months for 1792 bourbon....the leg of one of their mash tanks failed yesterday, the tank collapsed and caused another tank to collapse and spilled upwards of 120,000 gallons of fermenting mash. Their secondary "emergency containment" system held most of the spilled mash, but they estimate that approximately 10,000 gallons spilled into the storm sewers, which drains to the local tributaries. Sounds like that will make for a 3rd visit (and fine) from the EPA in 9 months' time.

D07L608XcAArJZ1.jpg