Bardstown bourbon rickhouse collapses

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could find anywhere that reported which house number is was...but this drone footage might help you figure out a little.

Warehouse 30. It's up on a bluff overlooking Barton Creek, which dumps into the Beech Fork River about a football field away from the property.

I have heard this whole thing is a joke and is not real. Didn't happen.

Fake news?

What about the drone footage & WLKY's video coverage?

Made national news, in addition to the hometown paper.

Warehouse collapses at Barton | KYStandard.com

I get the nostalgia of these old distilleries, but at some point you have to replace those buildings for this exact reason.

That’s what I was thinking. These companies are worth a lot of money and they would be well served to build new structures that could prevent this happening. A newly constructed rick house would be a lot cheaper than the $85 million in losses here, plus legal cost with the EPA.

Supposedly having a wall repair is what led to the collapse. Hopefully it was a slow process, (collapse) and the barrels survived!

It was clear from the pictures and aerial videos that some barrels survived.

What are the chances that they bottle specialty "1792 Collapse" bourbon from the salvaged barrels and sell it at premo prices??

It was clear from the pictures and aerial videos that some barrels survived.

What are the chances that they bottle specialty "1792 Collapse" bourbon from the salvaged barrels and sell it at premo prices??

I’d say those chances are almost 100%.

And if successful, you can beat the the number of barrels salvaged for this sale will exceed the amount that was actually in the warehouse.

No doubt it will be from every barrel in that warehouse no matter which side it was on.

• 2 weeks later...