Pendleton County 2018

Ram

Not sure what they lose, but hopefully this year they get a little more creative on the offensive side of the ball.

Had some good potential, but offensively stunted.

We lose a lot of seniors off last years team, specifically on the offensive line. There are enough pieces to fill in and put together another strong unit, although they will be largely unproven having waited behind those seniors. We will see in a few short weeks.

Coming back is a pretty solid group of skill position kids that had to play varsity as sophomores. We look for these kids to be leaders on the field having "been there" and "done that" before.

After losing our option quarterback to graduation, we will turn to another to-be-junior who knows the offense as well as his predecessor and may turn out to be the dual threat that the offense needs (you saw him step in for the Russell game). If there is one thing Pendleton County isn't short on, it's fullback type players. After losing a core of 3 solid dive backs, 3 more are ready to take their place.

The defense is shaping up similarly, kids who stole reps from seniors now have their chance to shine. Look for 4 aggressive linebackers and you will find them buzzing around the second level of our defense. We will return the majority of the secondary with a year of experience and maturity under our belt. The interior may have different numbers on their backs this year, but look for similar stuff out of Coach Kindle and the big guys up front.

In short, after losing a big group of seniors last year and a small incoming senior class, Pendleton will be junior heavy. However, saying this junior class is lacking experience would be an error. This senior class coming through will be the first class that has been coached entirely under Head Coach Brian Burgemeir and the rest of the staff for the duration of their high school careers.

Not sure what they lose, but hopefully this year they get a little more creative on the offensive side of the ball.

Had some good potential, but offensively stunted.

Yeah, you know I had someone show me a film where the quarterback threw the ball overhanded to split end downfield. He called it a forward pass. I think I might try to put that in this year...:lol2:

You are not the first to make that criticism and you will not be the last. It's okay too because I can handle it. Alas, we are not Tom Brady and the Patriots, nor are we the Crimson Tide of Alabama, and not even the Trinity Rocks. We are blue collar Pendleton County and we run the triple option. It ain't sexy. It's dirty, tedious, requires much discipline and is no small investment for any individual involved. It suits us and, most importantly, our kids.

Sorry we don't run the shotgun spread, 3 and outs only taking :30 game seconds off the clock made more problems for us than it created for opponents. I controlled the football for an entire quarter, 12 minutes straight, last year. To borrow a line from Remember the Titans, "I run 6 plays, split veer. Works like novacaine; just give it time, it always works."

Yeah, you know I had someone show me a film where the quarterback threw the ball overhanded to split end downfield. He called it a forward pass. I think I might try to put that in this year...:lol2:

You are not the first to make that criticism and you will not be the last. It's okay too because I can handle it. Alas, we are not Tom Brady and the Patriots, nor are we the Crimson Tide of Alabama, and not even the Trinity Rocks. We are blue collar Pendleton County and we run the triple option. It ain't sexy. It's dirty, tedious, requires much discipline and is no small investment for any individual involved. It suits us and, most importantly, our kids.

Sorry we don't run the shotgun spread, 3 and outs only taking :30 game seconds off the clock made more problems for us than it created for opponents. I controlled the football for an entire quarter, 12 minutes straight, last year. To borrow a line from Remember the Titans, "I run 6 plays, split veer. Works like novacaine; just give it time, it always works."

You won't find many people who are all-in on running the ball as me. I have no problem with keeping the ball on the ground, and believe everything you said.

That said-- even in the run game there has to be some mobility, some misdirection, something to mix it up to be less predictable, if you aren't the bigger and stronger team. That's all I said.

Best of luck to you and the Wildcats this year.

@HedgeHog8, is a playoff berth a realistic goal for the Wildcats this season? In each of the first three years of this district, we've had the same four teams in the postseason. I'm thinking Russell, Bath County, and West Carter are safe picks to make the playoffs in 2018, but Fleming County will have to replace a good senior class. There could be an opening for someone new to snag a playoff spot.

Loving All of This!!! #optionballisalive #honeyhush

@HedgeHog8, is a playoff berth a realistic goal for the Wildcats this season? In each of the first three years of this district, we've had the same four teams in the postseason. I'm thinking Russell, Bath County, and West Carter are safe picks to make the playoffs in 2018, but Fleming County will have to replace a good senior class. There could be an opening for someone new to snag a playoff spot.

That is the nearest goal for the program, and we felt we were really close last year to being competitive in the district. Being the last year in this alignment, it really is time to do it or get off the pot. We would love to be that team that gets in the playoffs, more so we would love to be that team that earns their way to the playoffs and our 6 team district makes for games where there is something on the line.

A personal goal of mine means Bath County is circled on the calendar. Back to back years of last second play losses to Lewis County really stings and our kids are P.O.'d and ready for that game. Fleming loses a lot but is a solid program. West has the same team but a new guy holding the reigns. Then there is of course the 3 hour trip down to Russell. We need to knock off 2 to get in and we really believe it is going to happen, but we will surely find out in the fall.

We lose a lot of seniors off last years team, specifically on the offensive line. There are enough pieces to fill in and put together another strong unit, although they will be largely unproven having waited behind those seniors. We will see in a few short weeks.

Coming back is a pretty solid group of skill position kids that had to play varsity as sophomores. We look for these kids to be leaders on the field having "been there" and "done that" before.

After losing our option quarterback to graduation, we will turn to another to-be-junior who knows the offense as well as his predecessor and may turn out to be the dual threat that the offense needs (you saw him step in for the Russell game). If there is one thing Pendleton County isn't short on, it's fullback type players. After losing a core of 3 solid dive backs, 3 more are ready to take their place.

The defense is shaping up similarly, kids who stole reps from seniors now have their chance to shine. Look for 4 aggressive linebackers and you will find them buzzing around the second level of our defense. We will return the majority of the secondary with a year of experience and maturity under our belt. The interior may have different numbers on their backs this year, but look for similar stuff out of Coach Kindle and the big guys up front.

In short, after losing a big group of seniors last year and a small incoming senior class, Pendleton will be junior heavy. However, saying this junior class is lacking experience would be an error. This senior class coming through will be the first class that has been coached entirely under Head Coach Brian Burgemeir and the rest of the staff for the duration of their high school careers.

Informative post. :thumb:

Who is the junior-to-be QB?

Informative post. :thumb:

Who is the junior-to-be QB?

Name is Matt Campbell #7. I think he has a JV highlight from last year on Hudl. I don't know if he has a Varsity highlight but he was the kid that threw a bomb on the 3rd play to put us up 6-0 on Russell, led another good drive after that before he got exposed. lol Needed more reps running the option, but he doesn't have to compete with a senior anymore to get those reps.