Speed Cameras!

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have a picture of you driving that car when it was speeding? Or just a pic of the car itself that does not show the driver? No pic of the driver and no one can prove it was you driving. Got out of one just like this in Ohio few years back.

Do they have a picture of you driving that car when it was speeding? Or just a pic of the car itself that does not show the driver? No pic of the driver and no one can prove it was you driving. Got out of one just like this in Ohio few years back.

No pic of the driver. The form ask if you weren't driving to tell them who was or to send them a copy of the police report where hit had been reported stolen. The ticket actually came in my wife's name since that vehicle is listed in her name, but I was driving at the time. I guess we could drag it out and tell them we were on vacation and there were 5 licensed drivers in the Expedition at the time but we have no idea which one was driving at that time.

Upon further review, I found that if not paid these are turned over for collection to a collection agency and WILL be placed on your credit report as an unpaid obligation and non collection.

to ding your credit report wouldn't you have to have some kind of credit agreement or contract that you violated. Doesn't seem like anybody should be able to assess fines which would then be able to be tied to your credit report.

Just found out our spring break trip cost me an extra $110.00. We received a ticket in the mail from some company in Ohio for speeding through an itty-bitty town in Alabama, Brantley.

Yep I'm guilty, no doubt that early in the morning on an empty road I was going a bit over the 35mph speed limit heading out of town.

I read online the first 12 hours they tested the cameras they found 193 cars at least 11 miles over the speed limit.

The city allegedly only makes $15 per ticket and the rest goes to the Ohio company... $95 per ticket.

My only gripe is that I saw no signs saying speed cameras were present. The city stated when the cameras went in it was to slow traffic down going through thier city. But you aren't going to slow anyone down if you don't warn them.

This little town is on the main state highway from Montgomery to the Destin-Panama City area. I'm sure they slay the tourist passing through.

Same town 3 years ago, live officer, I think they pried 280.00 from my wallet. My google maps bypasses that town now for some reason?:stop:

Didnt the bulldog Eric Deters want to fight a ticket he got in independence? Said he drove it everyday and it was a speed trap. Well if you know the speed limit its not really a speed trap.

He did and that stretch of road isn't a speed trap in the slightest with the current posted speed going from 45 to 35 as you approach the intersection of Walton Nicholson and Madison Pike.

It would be nice if there were an attorney who would take up the cause to challenge these cases in court. This is obviously about revenue more than safety. If you can make the private company pay attorneys to prosecute the cases, then you might be able to make this unprofitable for the private companies. One hour of an attorney's time will wipe out the gain from a $110 fine. If you were local, you could go in and appear in court, make the prosecution appear and cost the private company attorney fees to most likely not only wipe out their profit but turn it into a loss. The private company would also need to provide an employee or expert to testify to the accuracy of the equipment - more cost to the company. I wonder if the ACLU would take this on?

I was just reading on the back of the letter and it says this information WILL NOT be forwarded your insurance company or the Dept of Public Safety Division of Motor Vehicles. It states this is a Civil Penalty, I guess that is like not having a dog license.

They can ruin your credit if you dont pay it though.

to ding your credit report wouldn't you have to have some kind of credit agreement or contract that you violated. Doesn't seem like anybody should be able to assess fines which would then be able to be tied to your credit report.

No. If they can tag the plate on the car to a person, that is the contract. Regardless of who the driver is, they will tag it to the person the car is registered too.

Just for reference, it will go on your credit report 30 days after your pay date if you dont pay. Its automatic done by these companies.

Same town 3 years ago, live officer, I think they pried 280.00 from my wallet. My google maps bypasses that town now for some reason?:stop:

That is one bonus with technology, in the very near future our individual computers/maps/gps etc. will have all speed cameras programmed in so you know what places to avoid and not ever spend any money in under any circumstances.

That is how it works, they are hitting us for money and we hit them back.

I would think so but when governments and corporations collude together to make money our rights normally take a hit.

Upon further review, I found that if not paid these are turned over for collection to a collection agency and WILL be placed on your credit report as an unpaid obligation and non collection.

I would take the hit on my credit report and contest it and/or do anything I could within the system to fight back.

I am in the Dave Ramsey school of thought on credit scores, don't worship your I love debt score and your ultimate goal is to have a credit score of zero.

No. If they can tag the plate on the car to a person, that is the contract. Regardless of who the driver is, they will tag it to the person the car is registered too.

Just for reference, it will go on your credit report 30 days after your pay date if you dont pay. Its automatic done by these companies.

A legally binding contract must consist of 4 parts, none of which would be present in this scenario.