Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Speed Cameras!

Featured Replies

Kind of a different situation, but a couple years ago, while I was back home in Delaware, my wife and were at a toll booth with just a change basket. The toll was .25, but the quarter didn't register when we tossed it in. That quarter was the only change we had (which looking back I find it hard to believe as I always have at least a handful of change in the car), and we don't have Easy Pass, so we just drove off. A month later we got a $75 ticket in the mail. Just sucked it up and paid it.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kind of a different situation, but a couple years ago, while I was back home in Delaware, my wife and were at a toll booth with just a change basket. The toll was .25, but the quarter didn't register when we tossed it in. That quarter was the only change we had (which looking back I find it hard to believe as I always have at least a handful of change in the car), and we don't have Easy Pass, so we just drove off. A month later we got a $75 ticket in the mail. Just sucked it up and paid it.

 

Toll booth didn't have a credit card swipe ?

Also I'm on the side of electronic devices to inflict montetary penalties on citizens is a gross over step by government.

Toll booth didn't have a credit card swipe ?

 

No. This particular toll was 25 cents. Only EZ pass or change in the toll basket.

No. This particular toll was 25 cents. Only EZ pass or change in the toll basket.

 

Seems crazy in 2018. I have to use tolls 2 or 3 days a week and I always use the corporate card.

Its not a criminal ticket issued by law enforcement agency or court, so it cant move state to state. Its strictly a civil issue.

 

What if a warrant gets issued?

What if a warrant gets issued?

I dont believe warrants get issuesd for civil matters.

I dont believe warrants get issuesd for civil matters.

 

A judge can issue a bench warrant for a civil case.

The standard of proof required to convict in a criminal prosecution is beyond a reasonable doubt. In a civil case to adjudge liability it is a preponderance of the evidence. Thus, it is much easier for the state to prove a civil violation than the commission of a crime. If I'm not mistaken, as a defendant in virtually all criminal prosecutions you have the right to a jury trial. If everyone asserted that right, it would clog the court dockets. Of course, in the matter at hand you'd have to go to Alabama to fight it.

How do you face your accuser in court when the accuser is a camera?

 

I dont like them.

 

Fwiw, I have no sympathy for those written a speeding ticket by a real person.

 

The cameras are strictly for revenue.

That is one bonus with technology, in the very near future our individual computers/maps/gps etc. will have all speed cameras programmed in so you know what places to avoid and not ever spend any money in under any circumstances.

 

That is how it works, they are hitting us for money and we hit them back.

 

The speed changes like 5 different times from 55 to 45 to 35 to 25 then starts climbing back up as you exit town. If you were going 60 and let off the gas your car would not slow down enough before the next couple changes to be compliant. The change zones are two close together entering into town coming down from 55. That is a definition of a speed trap. I didn't program Google map's to change the course to avoid that town it just did it the last three times we have made the trip. Weird or it KNOWS!

Meh, just send them a picture of a check and call it even.

Any city official who votes for this must ride the bus.

Except for the part when you sign for your drivers license stating you will follow the rules of the road.

 

Yes, but they'd also need your social security number to even try to put a collections item on a credit report. Don't remember whether or not the county has my social security number but I'd be highly suspicious if that could actually go on my credit report as a collections item.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.