St. Patrick 104 Silver Grove 48

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got to love Baylen Bauer's total team mentality. Got a heart the size of a Redwood as he never fears mixing it up in the paint with the big boys. He's 5' nothing (stole that line from Rudy) and so glad to see him have this huge game from the arc. Great young man that every Daddy would be proud to have him date your daughter.

Poor display of sportsmanship last night by St. Patrick. They kept draining 3 pointers after this game was well in hand. They had 8 or 9 in a row in the 2nd half while up at least 40.

Karma has a way of coming back around in events such as this.

Just curious, what would you have done in this situation? Did they press? (This would be poor sportsmanship). Did they take balls inside where big boys could repetitively score easily? (Again concur this would be poor sportsmanship). Did they go into stall ball further embarrassing the dominated opponent? Isn't the running clock designed to shorten the time of domination/embarrassment. Not sure firing 3's, the most easily defended shot, and giving the opponent multiple chances for defensive rebounds, especially the long ones is poor sportsmanship. Unfortunately for SG the Saints were hotter than a firecracker. No criticism here, but I wasn't there and just reading the tea leaves from afar.

Just curious, what would you have done in this situation? Did they press? (This would be poor sportsmanship). Did they take balls inside where big boys could repetitively score easily? (Again concur this would be poor sportsmanship). Did they go into stall ball further embarrassing the dominated opponent? Isn't the running clock designed to shorten the time of domination/embarrassment. Not sure firing 3's, the most easily defended shot, and giving the opponent multiple chances for defensive rebounds, especially the long ones is poor sportsmanship. Unfortunately for SG the Saints were hotter than a firecracker. No criticism here, but I wasn't there and just reading the tea leaves from afar.

I was there. St. Pat kids knew what the record was for 3's and were trying to break that record. Taunting the SG kids with "here comes another" before dropping another 3. Again, the game was well in hand by the time they were going for their record. How do you hold your head up and brag about breaking a record against a team that's won 2 games and had a total of 6 kids on the bench? The coach should have pulled the starters and stopped the nonsense long before this got out of hand.

I was there. St. Pat kids knew what the record was for 3's and were trying to break that record. Taunting the SG kids with "here comes another" before dropping another 3. Again, the game was well in hand by the time they were going for their record. How do you hold your head up and brag about breaking a record against a team that's won 2 games and had a total of 6 kids on the bench? The coach should have pulled the starters and stopped the nonsense long before this got out of hand.

Absolutely correct. I'm guessing since he's a rookie coach he just hasn't learned these things yet. Hopefully he will in due time.

I noticed Ben Swolsky or Isaiah Garrison haven't played the last few games. Are they done for the year?

Garrison is nursing an injury. No definite return date as far as I know, but I haven't heard that it is season-ending.