St. Patrick 104 Silver Grove 48

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the scoreboard. Bellevue beat them by 49, Villa Madonna 46, Calvary Christian 53 and 67, Robertson 49 and 55, and St. Patrick 42 and 56. So I don't understand why St. Patrick is getting criticized for this game.

He did pull his starters. I was there. He played his bench most of the game. The kid who broke the school record, broke his own record. The score could have been a lot worse than what it was.

He didn't until after they had dropped all the bombs. Your logic doesn't make the situation right. Even the coach wanted them to run offense, but they didn't listen to him....

The reason St Pat is getting criticized for this game is their behavior in this game....attempting to justify it by other scores is non-starter for sure.

It was unnecessary, and if you think that it was ok, then you clearly have a distorted picture of sportsmanship.

Oh, and Welcome to BGP....glad to see you could show up to attempt to defend the team actions.

I agree with this, however, not knowing the teams, does St. Patrick play a 3pt offense?

Not counting last night (I don't know the number of 3 attempts), they average 20 3-point attempts per game (540 attempts in 27 games). That's good for third most 3-point attempts per game in the 10th Region, behind Calvary Christian (570) & Pendleton County (620).

I will assume every team has a set offense or series of plays they run....pull up 3's in transition, up by 40 is not any of that

I'll play Devil's Advocate... Pull-up 3s in transition consume less of the clock than running sets, allowing more possessions for the Big Trains. So really, were they running it up or giving them opportunities?