Mercer County 70 Boyle County 62

Right but whether both teams were in the bonus or not it is still a big difference in free throws up until Boyle started to foul intentionally at the end of the game. 21-8. Boyle had 18 fouls Mercer 17. But until the last 1:53 they foul count would have been Mercer 17- Boyle 9 had they not fouled intentionally.

Agreed and I think the biggest difference was Mercer defensive intensity was off the charts compared to Boyle’s and that caused several more fouls but I would love to see a chart of where the fouls were called and how many points were scored in the paint because Mercer didn’t attack the basket that much.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great basketball game. I think a game like this makes Boyle better down the stretch. Mercer is solid.....Faulkner is great.

Make Mercer beat you from behind the 3.....which they can do. But I thought Boyle handled Faulkner in the paint pretty darn well.

Boyle got up 5 in the 3rd quarter when the intentional foul was called. Faulkner kinda went to another level after that and Boyle really never threatened again.

Again.....a really great high school basketball game.

Not sure what the Boyle kid was thinking on that foul. Easy call for the official.

Agreed and I think the biggest difference was Mercer defensive intensity was off the charts compared to Boyle’s and that caused several more fouls but I would love to see a chart of where the fouls were called and how many points were scored in the paint because Mercer didn’t attack the basket that much.

Trevon drove a ton and shot two free throws the whole game until the end. You can't tell me he only got fouled once. Again doesn't really matter I just didn't realize Mercer shot so few free throws and so few fouls were called until the last 1:53

Trevon drove a ton and shot two free throws the whole game until the end. You can't tell me he only got fouled once. Again doesn't really matter I just didn't realize Mercer shot so few free throws and so few fouls were called until the last 1:53

Well seeing as how his push offs never get called I’d say we can call it even. :lol2:

Even though Mercer is undefeated in the region, I would say that Pulaski is the team to beat especially since they will be playing at home. Mercer deserved to win last night because they made the shots when they counted. I would say that they would not look forward to playing Boyle in the tourney knowing that they probably wouldn't miss all the easy shots in the next game that they did last night. As far as the fouls called it seemed about even. Mercer seems to settle for 3's and jumps shots more than Boyle. Trevon does get by with some push offs, but what bothers me is that he walks real often and very seldom is it called. Saying that, he is a great player on the offensive end of the floor with a nice touch. Boyle still has a lot of work ahead of them to be a contender for the regional title. The one thing that they have going for them is they are fearless, regardless of who they are playing. Both teams still have a lot of basketball ahead before they have any chance for a rematch.

After playing boyle and Pulaski I thought boyle was better than Pulaski. That could change next week when we play Pulaski at at their place. Beat them 1st time on a neutral court. Boyle plays better defense and outside of Fitzgerald overall better talent and balanced scoring

Your boys stats aren't to shabby either that is some good shooting as well!:thumb:

Thanks! He’s had a great season so far and I know I have said it over and over but I am going to miss watching him suit up and play. Watching him and my oldest play for Boyle County has been some of the greatest and most memorable times of my life. I am cherishing every second down to the last game.

After playing boyle and Pulaski I thought boyle was better than Pulaski. That could change next week when we play Pulaski at at their place. Beat them 1st time on a neutral court. Boyle plays better defense and outside of Fitzgerald overall better talent and balanced scoring

Did Danny Butt play for Pulaski in that first meeting? They seem to have really come on after he got healthy.

I don't know why teams try to talk smack to get in Trevon's head, that does nothing but get him fired up. He's already the best player on the court, why wake the beast up more. Boyle County was getting to the rim anytime they wanted, they just was missing point blank shots. Reese Smith and Alexander was really two players Mercer couldn't stop. Bryce needs to be able to drive to the basket some, it seems like if he's not hitting 3s he's not impacting the game at all. Teams are chasing him off the 3 point line and making him drive. One last thing. I. Love. Carter. Baughman. Kid is fearless and competes every time he's on the court. Trevon is the star and gets all the recognition, but Carter is the unsung hero for the team.

He was thinkin this guy isnt gonna score on a breakaway. When 280lb fouls 180lb to deny a basket, it will be an intentional foul. I promise.

Or when 280lbs grabs a player from behind while going up for a lay up without making a play on the ball. That is the definition of an intentional foul. I promise. The attempted tackle ended with 280lbs on the ground while Mercer player landed on his feet.

Basketball pic.JPG

Did Danny Butt play for Pulaski in that first meeting? They seem to have really come on after he got healthy.

Danny played. This game was at King of Bluegrass. Trevon and Gillis only didn't play the whole 2nd qtr and part of the 3rd qtr because of foul trouble.

I don't know why teams try to talk smack to get in Trevon's head, that does nothing but get him fired up. He's already the best player on the court, why wake the beast up more.

Who talked smack to Trevon? I saw a bunch of kids from both teams refusing to back down from one another.