Marvin Lewis Signs 2 Year Extension

Easily. I jumped on the FSU bandwagon when I was 15 and the Duke bandwagon at 16-17 years of age. Never lived in Florida or North Carolina but I jumped on those teams bandwagons. Why? Winning always helps and I liked a few of their players. That’s still jumping on the bandwagon.

I grew up an Oilers fan because I was born in Houston. I didn’t follow the team to Tennessee. Never liked the Titans and I never will even though everyone in Bowling Green(where I grew up) jumped on the Titans bandwagon. None of those people were Oilers fans before.

True. The WKY folks tend to root for the Indianapolis and St. Louis teams. That’s understandable.

There’s nothing wrong with jumping on a team’s bandwagon. I’ve never understood the negative connotation towards it either. Folks like who they like and root for who they want to root for whatever reason they want to. There aren’t any rules to fandom and there never should. IMO if you root for a team that has nothing to do with where you are from then at some point you jumped on that team’s bandwagon.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you. It was just a very odd statement from someone that I know is not a geographical fan of teams.

I think probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 75% of the people are fans of most of their geographical team or their parent/dad's team which was probably geographical to begin with. Mostly because its fun to go watch them play and you feel vested by living there.

I think that number is diminishing at the pro level, because of fantasy sports. More and more young people are becoming fans of players as opposed to teams.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty much in agreement with you. It was just a very odd statement from someone that I know is not a geographical fan of teams.

I think probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 75% of the people are fans of most of their geographical team or their parent/dad's team which was probably geographical to begin with. Mostly because its fun to go watch them play and you feel vested by living there.

I think that number is diminishing at the pro level, because of fantasy sports. More and more young people are becoming fans of players as opposed to teams.

Agreed. I find myself rooting more for players these days as opposed to teams so I understand that phenomenon well.

I know that I qualify as a bandwagon fan and I can admit that. Granted I have cheered for the same teams for a long time but I jumped on the bandwagon at some point as opposed to being fitted with the home team’s clothing as a baby and wearing those team’s colors my whole life. If I had a penny for every time I have been asked, “how are you from Kentucky and you cheer for .......” I’d have Lavar Ball money. :lol2:

If you’ve ever heard him talk you can imagine why. He’s so monotone it’d drive you nuts to converse with him. He reminds of a kid who inhereited his fathers buisness built from the ground up, but has zero appreciation the effort his father put into it. He also isn’t a natural leader.

He’s also a lawyer. Enough said about his football skill even if he might have played Ivy League.

I think you and I indicated all along that there would be no change. Not the least bit surprised at this extension...

Probably the first time in the past four years where you and I have agreed on something that could technically be considered “the unknown.”