Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fern Creek at Trinity 10/20

Featured Replies

ROCKS win easily as they toast the young (should be ROCK) QB

 

:flame: HYNES

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity 45-0.

  • Author
Rocks win handily against this tough district opponent.

We have to play FC. What's X's reason?

We have to play FC. What's X's reason?

 

Good one. Uh, I don't know. Good luck Friday night.

Good one. Uh, I don't know. Good luck Friday night.

 

Gentleman you should give respect where respect is due. Here is a bit of a history lesson. Only two public schools have defeated St Xavier more times than Fern Creek, they are Male and Manual. I also remember THE ROCKS having a VERY CLOSE call with Fern Creek in the ’96 playoffs the very game after Fern Creek beat St X and another in 1978 when they were over confident and cocky coming into a game against Fern Creek. I hope you guys aren’t on the team because I know your coaches and I know they have taught you better, you NEVER overlook an opponent.

 

There is a reason the young QB at Fern Creek chose not to attend Trinity perhaps it is the condescending attitude your demonstrating right now against the school that is in his own backyard. He chose the route he knew would be hard where nothing was guaranteed. I admire the kid for that. That being said Fern Creek is missing one thing this season and one thing only and that is a belief in themselves and an undying team attitude. Keep it up guys give them something to unite over and you might just eat your words over the next couple of years.

There is a reason the young QB at Fern Creek chose not to attend Trinity perhaps it is the condescending attitude your demonstrating right now against the school that is in his own backyard. He chose the route he knew would be hard where nothing was guaranteed.

Not true. PM me if you want the truth.

I also remember THE ROCKS having a VERY CLOSE call with Fern Creek in the ’96 playoffs the very game after Fern Creek beat St X and another in 1978 when they were over confident and cocky coming into a game against Fern Creek. I hope you guys aren’t on the team because I know your coaches and I know they have taught you better, you NEVER overlook an opponent.

 

What was the final result of these games?

 

How many times has Fern Creek actually beaten Trinity?

 

I'll leave the other subject for someone else to discuss.

Gentleman you should give respect where respect is due. Here is a bit of a history lesson. Only two public schools have defeated St Xavier more times than Fern Creek, they are Male and Manual. I also remember THE ROCKS having a VERY CLOSE call with Fern Creek in the ’96 playoffs the very game after Fern Creek beat St X and another in 1978 when they were over confident and cocky coming into a game against Fern Creek. I hope you guys aren’t on the team because I know your coaches and I know they have taught you better, you NEVER overlook an opponent.

 

There is a reason the young QB at Fern Creek chose not to attend Trinity perhaps it is the condescending attitude your demonstrating right now against the school that is in his own backyard. He chose the route he knew would be hard where nothing was guaranteed. I admire the kid for that. That being said Fern Creek is missing one thing this season and one thing only and that is a belief in themselves and an undying team attitude. Keep it up guys give them something to unite over and you might just eat your words over the next couple of years.

 

Ease up TigerPaw. No one is showing disrespect. We aren't the team only fans of high school football. My opinion is Trinity will beat Fern Creek by at least 28.

 

Also check your facts. In 1978 St. X lost only 2 games by one point each on their way to the state championship. We beat a good Fern Creek Team that year. By the way Fern Creek had a good QB that year by the last name I believe of Smith. I still have his number 14 from his tear away jearsey if he wants it. Anyone remember him?

  • Author
What was the final result of these games?

 

How many times has Fern Creek actually beaten Trinity?

 

I'll leave the other subject for someone else to discuss.

The CJ says that the series stands at 11-1 Rocks.

^ I would very much like to know what LUCK is speaking about when he says "where nothing was guaranteed"... leading one to believe there are guarantees at Trinity.... please enlighten me!

^Rather Tigerpaw 18....

 

I reread TigerPaw's comments and certainly don't want to speak for him. Maybe he can enlighten and expound but I don't believe he was speaking of T but of FC, where you have no guarantee of success, of playoff runs, tremendous alumni support that you get at T. Maybe FC can get to that level with him but it is a long way to go. Hopefully that's what he meant.

^ You may be on to something there.... perhaps I was placing the accent mark above the wrong letters! Ha ha ha

I reread TigerPaw's comments and certainly don't want to speak for him. Maybe he can enlighten and expound but I don't believe he was speaking of T but of FC, where you have no guarantee of success, of playoff runs, tremendous alumni support that you get at T. Maybe FC can get to that level with him but it is a long way to go. Hopefully that's what he meant.

That is exactly what I meant! At Trinity he would always have a good line, he would always have good receivers, he would have THE BEST QB Coach in the state. And whoever it was that said to PM them for the TRUTH. I have coached this kid for years I know his parents I know the truth. Had he had his heart set on Trinity he would be there, it would have been a financial strain on his parents but they would have seen that it happend, however they weren't going to push it unless he showed a serious commitment to four years at Trinity, which he was not willing to do, he waivered back and forth, even enrolled at Trinity, then ultimately decided he didn't want to go there. He has several reasons, he felt patronized because of his football skills when he was over there, he was afraid his name would end up in the middle of the ugly split debate and everyone would say he was illegally recruited etc., he worried about the financial strain on his parents. It wasn't any one thing but it was ultimately his decision.

 

He also went through a tough time last winter and spring after we won the Optimist Championship, his mother was remarried, he has a handicaped brother that was having problems. He also expressed after that Championship that even though it felt good he didn't feel elated because it came so easy. I have watched him dig a hole pitching just so he can pitch out of it, good bad or indifferent he likes challenges being a successful QB at Trinity would have come easy. At Fern Creek it will be a much harder road.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.