NKY 4A Playoff Predictions

Just for fun and no harm intended to any school, lets guess the next 2 weeks and the district playoff champions in NKY 4A. 4A in NKY is the most interesting with the teams being so closely matched.

Boone County (district record 4-1) games left:

Holmes- Boone wins (5-1)

@ Conner - boone wins (6-1)

Ryle (district record 4-1) games left:

Scott - Ryle wins (5-1)

Dixie - Ryle loss (5-2)

Dixie (district record 4-1) games left:

Campbell County - Dixie loss (4-2)

@Ryle Dixie wins (5-2)

Campbell County (district record 4-1) games left:

Dixie - Campbell wins (5-1)

@Holmes - Campbell wins (6-1)

Ryle always seems to have trouble with Dixie at the end of the season and I think Campbell County stays on a roll at home beating Dixie. Every other game should stay on form.

District Playoff: (1) Campbell County vs (4) Ryle @ Campbell. Ryle wins.

(2) Boone County vs (3) Dixie @ Boone. Boone wins.

District Championship Ryle @ Boone County. Boone County wins again.

And yes I was bored today with WVU winning big. I do think that any of the 4 teams can beat the others on any given Friday night. Good luck to all involved.

OK one way I looked at it was:

The teams Boone County has left have a combined recond of 5-11 and a district record of 2-8 so I would guess they have a good shot of winning both games and finshing 6-1. Boone would finish in a tie with Campbell and lose in the tie breaker and be the second seed.

The teams Ryle has left have a combined record of 5-11 and a district record of 4-5. Ryle has not beat Dixie since 1998 and that is as far back as I could find on KHSAA. For some reason Dixie just plays well against Ryle. Ryle finishing 5-2 and a tie for 3rd with Dixie and Dixie would have the tie breaker.

The teams Dixie has left have a combined record of 12-4 and a district record of 8-2. See above when playing Ryle. Dixie would finish 5-2 and hold the tie breaker with Ryle.

The teams Campbell County has left have a combined record of 8-8 and a district record of 6-4, but they just seem to be on a roll with winning their last 4 games by a combined score of 186 to 66. Ryle did beat them soundly in the first district game by 34-7. Campbell would finish 6-1 and win the district with the win over Boone.

Does Ryle have to have Boone lose one of its last 2 to get the first seed? Ryle lost to Boone, but beat Campbell Co and Boone lost to Campbell but beat Ryle. Is the head to head match up the tie breaker with teams having the same district record?

2-way tie uses head-to-head.

3-way tie: each of the tied teams gets to count the Ws of ANY 4 teams with the exception of the two teams they are tied with.

If Ryle is in a 3-way tie, they are in good shape with their victory over NC.

I think everyone except the most diehard Holmes fans would agree that the 4 teams have probably been decided. I just do not give Holmes any chance to beat both Boone and Campbell. Holmes now must win both games to have a chance to enter since they are two games behind the leaders with two games to play. And, the Dawgs could win both and still not get in. There could still be a 4-way tie at 5-2. Obviously, I'm rooting for Ryle-1 and Campbell must beat Dixie barring a major upset by Holmes or Conner over Boone (just don't see it) in order for us to grab the top slot with victories over Scott and Dixie. If Ryle beats Dixie, that would almost certainly mean a same site rematch between Dixie and Ryle at Ryle in playoff week 1. Here's an interesting Camel fact ASSUMING they beat Holmes and Boone wins out: Campbell will host a playoff game if they beat Dixie (and Holmes) regardless of what anyone else does. Campbell is #4 seed if they lose to Dixie (and beat Holmes) regardless of what anyone else does. So, CC must beat Dixie to have any chance of hosting a playoff game. Campbell/Dixie and Ryle/Dixie will be two great games. I really don't expect much excitement in any of the other 4A games during the final two weeks.