Black Friday

swamprat

Mrs. S is starting to come down with something, so I needed to go out and get some cold stuff for her. I went to Walgreens, but it was closed. That left Walmart.

I dreaded going there. A couple of years ago, I went to one in Oldsmar (FL) when they opened late Thanksgiving night. It was a an absolute zoo. We had a heck of a time finding parking place. The lines to the registers were up every isle and stretched to the back of the store. I can't remember why I went there, but I left without getting what I wanted.

Mrs. S needed her Nyquil, so I went to the Walmart on Princeton Road in Hamilton. This is near where we are staying. I was shocked. The place was not as busy as it would be on a normal Saturday. Walked right in, got the Nyquil and self checked out. I wasn't in there 10 minutes, if that.

If this is any indication of how the shopping is going to go this holiday season, it does not bode well for retailers this year.

I refuse to take part in Black Friday Sales on Thanksgiving.

Elder Beerman, in Ohio, opened at 11:00am yesterday.

I used to refuse to participate as well. However, this morning I found my self in line before 7:00 with about 35 other guys at J's Liquor. I was able to get one bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout, and one bottle of the BCBS Reserve (which differs as it is aged in Knob Creek barrels.) For once the wife thinks, I'm the crazy one for getting up for Black Friday shopping. (She used to go every year, while I slept in). $33.00 for two bottle of beers is pretty rough, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Why stand in line when you can sit on your couch and get free shipping? Easy choice.

Exactly my thought! I just finished shopping for my granddaughters. I also bought a couple of area rugs. Levi's last week of daily nosebleeds ruined the one I just bought for the living room. Found a couple I really like on Wayfair and I'll use one in the living room and one in the dining room. Now looking for a few little things for my kids and a couple of coworkers and I'm done!