Northern Kentucky University 2017/2018

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you have no interest in going to see NKU play why make a comment about their attendance? Why do you care?

NKU has come a long way. The program is moving in the right direction.

Do you have some grudge against NKU?

:lol2: Love when people try to take shots on things they know nothing about.

NKU's attendance last year, which it's up pretty significantly from this season, was in the top half of D1. To say it's dreadful is one of two things....A complete lack of knowledge of college basketball or simply an axe to grind against the school.

So if you have no interest in going to see NKU play why make a comment about their attendance? Why do you care?

NKU has come a long way. The program is moving in the right direction.

Do you have some grudge against NKU?

Sorry. This NKU alum forgot to check with you before I commented on the attendance. Would have loved for them to stay DII and in Regents Hall.

:lol2: Love when people try to take shots on things they know nothing about.

NKU's attendance last year, which it's up pretty significantly from this season, was in the top half of D1. To say it's dreadful is one of two things....A complete lack of knowledge of college basketball or simply an axe to grind against the school.

To be exact NKU was 161st out of 351 last year.

They are currently 132nd.

Attendance is up 15% over last year.

So far this year, NKU attendance is dreadful. Biggest crowd was just over 4K to see the Norse play Morehead State on a Saturday in the 9,400-seat BB&T Arena. UC just attracted almost 6K on a Tuesday for a game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. I don't see things improving any for NKU when the conference portion of the season begins.

We are just going to leave out the fact and pretend that this game wasn't right square in the middle of the biggest College Football Saturday of the year as well, Championship Saturday.

Calling it dreadful thus far is a joke to begin with, but they'll absolutely see an uptick after the New Year when they get into the heart of conference play.

NKU men averaged 2,824 per home game last season. This season will probably end up being just a shade over 3K, for about a 200-per-game boost for making the NCAA tourney.

Nice math.... I guess.

NKU through 6 dates this year is averaging just under 3,200 per game. NKU last year through 6 dates was averaging just over 1,900. What does that project out to over the course of the season? I do not know; however, I can tell you there has been a boost to date.

Rome wasn't built in a day. This is a program I believe in its 6 year at D-1 level, its second year of being eligible for the tourney, with just one winning season at the D-1 level. The trend is nothing but positive at this point.

If 4,700 (1/2 of BB&T) is the benchmark for D-1 attendance success. There are a lot of failures out there.

Nice math.... I guess.

NKU through 6 dates this year is averaging just under 3,200 per game. NKU last year through 6 dates was averaging just over 1,900. What does that project out to over the course of the season? I do not know; however, I can tell you there has been a boost to date.

Rome wasn't built in a day. This is a program I believe in its 6 year at D-1 level, its second year of being eligible for the tourney, with just one winning season at the D-1 level. The trend is nothing but positive at this point.

If 4,700 (1/2 of BB&T) is the benchmark for D-1 attendance success. There are a lot of failures out there.

Will be a fun thread to visit come March when we have real numbers for the 2017-2018 season.