Northern Kentucky University 2017/2018

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you have no interest in going to see NKU play why make a comment about their attendance? Why do you care?

NKU has come a long way. The program is moving in the right direction.

Do you have some grudge against NKU?

How obvious does it have to be. He's clueless on the subject of attendance at college games. Look at UC's schedule and look at all the REALLY attractive games they play. Very few.

UC has only been D1 for a billion years and won NCAA championships along with the fact that season ticket holders had to buy season tickets this year or give up their tickets when the move back to Fifth Third arena happens. I would hope they draw very well. NKU has been D1 for 5 years and only D1 tourney eligible for 1. Better get in now because in about 5 years tickets in the lower bowl will be tough to get without season tix and the price is going to go up. BTW all-sessions tickets for the Horizon tourney are only $45 and yes that includes all the games. What a deal......new Pistons/Red Wings arena, winner in the NCAA tourney.

• 1 month later...

NKU finished the home schedule with a regular season attendance of 57,292. That comes out to an average of 4,092 per game. That is a ~45% attendance increase per game from last season.

I bet the number of programs that had a higher YoY attendance increase in all of D1 is in the single digits.

Heck of a year attendance wise for the Norse!

So far this year, NKU attendance is dreadful. Biggest crowd was just over 4K to see the Norse play Morehead State on a Saturday in the 9,400-seat BB&T Arena. UC just attracted almost 6K on a Tuesday for a game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. I don't see things improving any for NKU when the conference portion of the season begins.

More than 50% full CONSISTENTLY would be a nice start. Not just one game a year above 4K. Now what does oldbird think?

NKU men averaged 2,824 per home game last season. This season will probably end up being just a shade over 3K, for about a 200-per-game boost for making the NCAA tourney.

These messages aren't aging as well as the 2017 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout in my cabinet.