Simon Kenton 22 Beechwood 14

mcpapa

What about the referees stopping the game twice because somebody in the stands was blowing a whistle and didn't call a penalty on that

Twice? Pretty sure it was once. I heard one all game not sure where it was coming from! I think your also the one talking about the block in the back call. It was 100% the correct call it happened right in front of me. Let's face it BW could have very well been up 21-7 at one point in the ball game. BW should win the 1A championship. Was very impressed with them. They played a great game and they may have been the better team. Although the score is for SK good luck rest of the year to both teams.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many would like to argue that we, Beechwood, were the better team and should have won. At the same time I find that position totally debatable. Yes, we were in position to win and that speaks to a super effort from all. But, just as equally obvious to me is that a quality team found a way to win. It wasn't pretty on their part. But, they did what they needed to do and pulled out the victory.

Almosts can be very one-sided when we look through only our eyes. Not mentioned in this thread, SK's Shearer almost threw a 100 yard pick-six in 3rd qtr, but the ball bounced off our DBs hands. Castleman almost had an interception that he chose to knock down. BW almost stopped Shearer on his last TD, but he was obviously aided by 4/5 of his own players to score the winning TD in scrum-style. Very probably if one were looking through the Pioneers's eyes there must be several almosts that could have changed the game. But, I don't have SK eyes, so I didn't see them.

But, all these plays are history, and the Pioneers won. Degrading the victors does nothing but lower the quality efforts of the vanguished.

On the first offensive possession of each half by Beechwood, the line judge called a penalty that looked like it was on Beechwood's center. This penalty was called pre-snap. Can someone explain or guess what might have happened on this situation? What can the center do immediately upon touching the ball that would cause a penalty to be called? This was before the offensive players were set or the quarterback started to call signals.

I think many would like to argue that we, Beechwood, were the better team and should have won. At the same time I find that position totally debatable. Yes, we were in position to win and that speaks to a super effort from all. But, just as equally obvious to me is that a quality team found a way to win. It wasn't pretty on their part. But, they did what they needed to do and pulled out the victory.

Almosts can be very one-sided when we look through only our eyes. Not mentioned in this thread, SK's Shearer almost threw a 100 yard pick-six in 3rd qtr, but the ball bounced off our DBs hands. Castleman almost had an interception that he chose to knock down. BW almost stopped Shearer on his last TD, but he was obviously aided by 4/5 of his own players to score the winning TD in scrum-style. Very probably if one were looking through the Pioneers's eyes there must be several almosts that could have changed the game. But, I don't have SK eyes, so I didn't see them.

But, all these plays are history, and the Pioneers won. Degrading the victors does nothing but lower the quality efforts of the vanguished.

You sir are not a sore loser, Kudos to you .

On the first offensive possession of each half by Beechwood, the line judge called a penalty that looked like it was on Beechwood's center. This penalty was called pre-snap. Can someone explain or guess what might have happened on this situation? What can the center do immediately upon touching the ball that would cause a penalty to be called? This was before the offensive players were set or the quarterback started to call signals.

I do believe he moved the ball one way or another and I do believe the ref that called the penalty talked to the center as to what he did wrong.

It is called by the umpire and is a snap infraction. Once the ball is set the center cannot lift the ball off the ground to adjust his hand placement.

He moved the ball.

The Simon Kenton center was lifting the ball and putting it on its end every snap so I don't think it was moving the ball.

Ball never left the ground or spot. He simply tilts it up. Not the same, he never reset the ball

Edited by atm10
Additional info

The Simon Kenton center was lifting the ball and putting it on its end every snap so I don't think it was moving the ball.

In regards to the BW player, he may have been touching the ball before the white hat blew the whistle to start play and the play clock. But most of these things with the football and placement the ref usually will just give a heads up to the player. Haven't seen it become an immediate penalty very much. And the center can adjust the ball as long as he does not remove it entirely from the ground or significantly moves it away from where it was placed.