2017-18 Bow Season

Mr. Cat was coming home from the gym this morning and came across a deer that had been hit by a car. Still alive but broken leg and couldn't get up. He called the CCPD to come and put it out of its misery and then promptly put it in the trunk of his car. :eek: It's probably hanging in our walk in box as I am typing this. County people! :isurrender:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone misses. Now if you are missing a lot I'd say you aren't shooting enough. Practice, practice, practice.

This.

You know, I need to find a way to practice from a tree. Standing on the ground, with my bow up right I’ve felt pretty good hitting the target.

From and treestand, my recurve feels cumbersome. I have to turn it sideways. I need more practice, no doubt about it.

This.

You know, I need to find a way to practice from a tree. Standing on the ground, with my bow up right I’ve felt pretty good hitting the target.

From and treestand, my recurve feels cumbersome. I have to turn it sideways. I need more practice, no doubt about it.

If you have any kind of a decent yard, open up a second story window and fire 'em off.

This.

recurve from a stand is tough. Hell its tough enough from the ground.

This.

I think the depth perception messes with you too.

Also, just tried to pee into a bottle. I should have just peed my pants and saved myself the trouble.

Well this just made me spit my coffee all over my laptop. :lol2: Happy hunting and best wishes for better peeing experiences in the stand!

• 1 month later...
So cold temps are in store and it looks like winter is finally here.

I’m sure you all know better than me...

What’s better for late season hunting, morning or evening?

Could be either. They should easier to pattern now and you definitely want to hunt food source. You could even see some rutting activity still going on. Mostly though bucks will be trying to gain back weight they've lost during the peak of the rut. Focus on transition areas between food and bedding.

Deer hunters, come to Fort Wright PUULEEEEEEZ!!! We have hell of a lot of deer. Just about every morning at 5am when I'm going to work there are three to eight deer standing in the side yard next to my house, my back yard, or across the street. Come thin out the herd!