2017-18 Bow Season

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats Thrillville on your 1st bowkill ... nothin like it ... no better time to be a deer hunter , exploding herd numbers and trophy potential has never been higher ... hope everyone had a successful season ...

Anyone want to hunt in my backyard. I think you deer hunters have it wrong with the game feeders. Just plant some hostas and they'll call all their friends to come have dinner. I must see 15 deer a day. Most are does but had this guy a couple days ago. I feel like I could hand feed them. They are definitely not shy.

[ATTACH]64273[/ATTACH][ATTACH]64274[/ATTACH]

You know, after watching the guy on kentucky afield successfully hunt a property in urban Louisville, I’m inspired to look for people willing. I’d be more than happy to help you in your campaign to save your Hostas next year!

Congrats Thrillville on your 1st bowkill ... nothin like it ... no better time to be a deer hunter , exploding herd numbers and trophy potential has never been higher ... hope everyone had a successful season ...

Thanks man! Walking around in the dark and finding the arrow full of light red blood made my heart skip a beat! I’d taken deer with a rifle before, but that was definitely a different level of satisfaction.

To top that off, I felt like I got the full experience. My buddy and I butchered it ourselves and I tanned the hide. It was a lot of work, but I don’t want to do it any other way from now on.

Thanks man! Walking around in the dark and finding the arrow full of light red blood made my heart skip a beat! I’d taken deer with a rifle before, but that was definitely a different level of satisfaction.

To top that off, I felt like I got the full experience. My buddy and I butchered it ourselves and I tanned the hide. It was a lot of work, but I don’t want to do it any other way from now on.

Taking one with a bow will make you question ever picking up a gun again. There is simply nothing like it.

Taking one with a bow will make you question ever picking up a gun again. There is simply nothing like it.

It absolutely does. Especially since my gun hunting opportunities are so limited.

The farm I hunt, the landowner let’s me go out with a bow whenever I want, all season. I’ve never been invited to deer camp during modern gun though.

I haven’t gun hunted since 1988 ... hence my BGP name Bow88... got my first bowkill in the fall of 87 and been hooked ever since ... I just bowhunt right on thru the gun seasons ... it’s cost me a couple monster deer over the years but hey it is what you make it ... it’s a fine line between crazy and sanity ... and don’t get me wrong , I don’t have a problem with gun hunting , that’s what I cut my teeth on and both my son and daughter gun hunt as well as bow and crossbow hunt ... just kinda set in my ways now ... but whatever weapon used it’s nothing like sitting out in nature and enjoying what God created ... now can’t wait til spring to get after a big ol thunder chicken !!!!

Started bow hunting 4 years ago and I haven't picked up a gun to go deer hunting since. One of the biggest adrenaline rushes you will ever have.

I haven’t gun hunted since 1988 ... hence my BGP name Bow88... got my first bowkill in the fall of 87 and been hooked ever since ... I just bowhunt right on thru the gun seasons ... it’s cost me a couple monster deer over the years but hey it is what you make it ... it’s a fine line between crazy and sanity ... and don’t get me wrong , I don’t have a problem with gun hunting , that’s what I cut my teeth on and both my son and daughter gun hunt as well as bow and crossbow hunt ... just kinda set in my ways now ... but whatever weapon used it’s nothing like sitting out in nature and enjoying what God created ... now can’t wait til spring to get after a big ol thunder chicken !!!!

Turkey hunting is great fun! Are you strictly a bow hunter for turkey too?

One thing that I’m concerned about is bucks that have already dropped their antlers at this point.

Anyone have any insight?

I was wondering the same, saw a huge deer at the feeder the other day. Bigger than the does that normally show up.