Reds at Rockies (7/3 - 7/6)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He ain't best fielder IMO.

Playing multiple positions he's never going to be the best fielder at all of them. Is he better defensively than Billy Hamilton, certainly not? Better than Eugenio Suarez, probably not? Better than Jose Peraza, I think it remains to be seen as Peraza has struggled defensively. At what point do you give up a little defense for offense?

Bailey looked pretty good tonight, cutting his era in half. He looked like he was hitting spots and didn't have to rely on the fastball when behind in the count. Let's see how he progresses. Would the Reds consider putting him on the block should a suitor inquire?

In a heartbeat.

He should be a trade piece. Could help a contender down the stretch. Not a FA till 2020.

Totally disagree on this. He's only 27 and can play all over the place and they have control through 2020. He seems like a good character guy and and is a bargain at $2.5m if you ask me. Maybe he is just ready to show he belongs at this level and he certainly sounds like he is appreciative of the chance he has been given by the Reds. Even with 2 years of arb what would he be making in 2 years that would cause the Reds to HAVE to move him. There are no guarantees that Peraza or Herrera will be the answer at 2b and they have no one in the immediate pipeline pushing to be promoted. He's especially valuable if they do trade Cozart which looks certain given his good year-to-date numbers. Why are we on this site so anxious to trade away someone because we think he has value and I highly doubt that his value is that high given that the Brewers just gave him away.

Totally disagree on this. He's only 27 and can play all over the place and they have control through 2020. He seems like a good character guy and and is a bargain at $2.5m if you ask me. Maybe he is just ready to show he belongs at this level and he certainly sounds like he is appreciative of the chance he has been given by the Reds. Even with 2 years of arb what would he be making in 2 years that would cause the Reds to HAVE to move him. There are no guarantees that Peraza or Herrera will be the answer at 2b and they have no one in the immediate pipeline pushing to be promoted. He's especially valuable if they do trade Cozart which looks certain given his good year-to-date numbers. Why are we on this site so anxious to trade away someone because we think he has value and I highly doubt that his value is that high given that the Brewers just gave him away.

I think that's 100% fair, but he's playing over his head so far and sometimes striking while the iron is hot is the right thing to do.

I'm still baffled the Brewers threw up away for nothing. Just because they made a mistake doesn't mean he doesn't have value. The hitters market for a guy like him probably won't be great so keeping him might be the right thing to do.

How much does the "Cincinnati factor" play in a "Scooter" decision (keeping him or not)? I'm not going to say that he individually contributes to more ticket sales. However, with him on a young team that is somewhat interesting to watch, is he a "Scooter bobblehead night" away from being a reason that people would come to more games?