Reds at Rockies (7/3 - 7/6)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's 100% fair, but he's playing over his head so far and sometimes striking while the iron is hot is the right thing to do.

I'm still baffled the Brewers threw up away for nothing. Just because they made a mistake doesn't mean he doesn't have value. The hitters market for a guy like him probably won't be great so keeping him might be the right thing to do.

At some point he'll revert back to the back of his baseball card. Strike while the iron is hot IMO.

How much does the "Cincinnati factor" play in a "Scooter" decision (keeping him or not)? I'm not going to say that he individually contributes to more ticket sales. However, with him on a young team that is somewhat interesting to watch, is he a "Scooter bobblehead night" away from being a reason that people would come to more games?

No different than a Peraza or a Suarez bobblehead imo but it's very hard to say what fans are coming out to see. I honestly think that the young people that come out are just there to socialize and could care less who plays or even wins. Baseball is losing fans in the small markets unless the team is a winning team and even then there is little interest in baesball. Cincinnati can fill up a stadium to watch soccer but you have to have a big promotion to fill up GABP. Sad to see from my standpoint as I have no desire to watch a soccer match at any level.

At some point he'll revert back to the back of his baseball card. Strike while the iron is hot IMO.

You don't know that he won't continue to hover around .300? He is only 27 and in his 4th full season at this level and his career numbers are .282 and .322 obp. Would you take that out of Cozart, .252 and .299, and Hamilton, .247 and .297? The jury is still out on Peraza as he only just now has 150 games under his belt at this level. As for Herrera he's yet to prove he can even hit at this level in about 150 games and definitely needs more time at AAA imo. Unless Stenzel or Suarez can play 2nd who do you have that's better? Just what do you think he would bring in a trade, more unproven prospects?

Add him to the other 10s of kids who went to a game this year for the sole reason of seeing Scooter.

I'm certainly not saying that fans come out to see Gennett play but don't think that kids can't relate to Scooter. I have watched and listened to a lot of kids screaming his name at the games I have been to but I'm not sitting in the scout seats where you guys sit. No different than kids rooting for BP as he slowly became a kid favorite with his acrobatic plays and big smile.

You don't know that he won't continue to hover around .300? He is only 27 and in his 4th full season at this level and his career numbers are .282 and .322 obp. Would you take that out of Cozart, .252 and .299, and Hamilton, .247 and .297? The jury is still out on Peraza as he only just now has 150 games under his belt at this level. As for Herrera he's yet to prove he can even hit at this level in about 150 games and definitely needs more time at AAA imo. Unless Stenzel or Suarez can play 2nd who do you have that's better? Just what do you think he would bring in a trade, more unproven prospects?

Of course no one knows for certain, but most times players are what they are, and that's indicated on the back of their card. Every single # is up this year. Could it be that he figured something out and is all of a sudden a 25-30 HR a year guy? I mean I guess it's possible, but highly unlikely.

Can't compare him to Hamilton as they're different positions. I put Cozart in the same boat as Gennett. Get something for him before they return to Earth.

Cincinnati can fill up a stadium to watch soccer but you have to have a big promotion to fill up GABP. Sad to see from my standpoint as I have no desire to watch a soccer match at any level.

In the 6 days/nights that the Reds and FCC have had conflicting games, more have attended Reds games.

And to be fair, FCC only fills a stadium if an MLS or European team comes to town. Still solid attendance for their league games but a lot of inaccuracy here.

In the 6 days/nights that the Reds and FCC have had conflicting games, more have attended Reds games.

And to be fair, FCC only fills a stadium if an MLS or European team comes to town. Still solid attendance for their league games but a lot of inaccuracy here.

Just going by what I was told as I said that I could care less about soccer. If that is the case how are they going to justify a new stadium that would seat 25k expandable to 30k? Like I said I know nothing about the sport, how many games they play, who the opponents are, etc.

Attended Red's games or tickets sold? How many nights with the exception of the Cubs series have you looked out at 5k empty seats that you know were sold but no one used the tickets?

Just going by what I was told as I said that I could care less about soccer. If that is the case how are they going to justify a new stadium that would seat 25k expandable to 30k? Like I said I know nothing about the sport, how many games they play, who the opponents are, etc.

Attended Red's games or tickets sold? How many nights with the exception of the Cubs series have you looked out at 5k empty seats that you know were sold but no one used the tickets?

I'd say it's safe to say that FCC averages about 20-21K per game (if you were to exclude the extremely special cases like friendlies with European teams and MLS teams).

I got my data from @fox19KenBrown:

On days where @fccincinnati & the @Reds were both playing at home (6 games). FCC has drawn in 130,627 fans, to the Reds 155,583. #SportsTown

As far as your question, I'm inclined to believe that many sports organization, professional and collegiate, fudge their numbers and I can only use the statistical data given.