Is this evidence of an attack on free speech?

I've worked several bomb threats called into a variety of places. Local, state and Feds all do it the same Clyde.

Like I said, what if it to death to get it the way you want in your mind. It is as easy as not giving into these idiots.

The fact I can "what if it to death" proves my point that you can't make blanket statements when you have the responsibility to protect the entire campus.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously if there is a bomb threat you have to treat the situation that there really is a bomb and clear the area. After that is done you go on about your day and find the person who made the threat and incarcerate them. Pretty sure it's a felony and surprisingly enough, the person who makes the threat is generally caught.

Right. So you cancel the speech to ensure everyone's safety. No brainer.

Right. So you cancel the speech to ensure everyone's safety. No brainer.

The school should be making a statement that any students caught preventing the speaker to speak, allowing people to attend or causing violence will be expelled and charges brought.

Maybe I've missed that statement if they did I will apologize. But all I've seen is them afraid to stand up to anarchists.

Berkley already had one riot recently.

Right wing propaganda. One radical right guy with his slanted view and no supporting facts. He just claims this is the way it is and backs it up with nothing. Nothing more than an opinion piece. Waste of 5 minutes watching it, other than seeing and learning that these people are out there and working hard to radicalize others.

Right wing propaganda. One radical right guy with his slanted view and no supporting facts. He just claims this is the way it is and backs it up with nothing. Nothing more than an opinion piece. Waste of 5 minutes watching it, other than seeing and learning that these people are out there and working hard to radicalize others.

They are being 1000% more honest than the left. They are backing their " opinion" up with civil discussion. What is the left doing to get their points acrossed? Let me answer my own question, riots, threats, assaults, fascism at it's finest.

15 minutes of my life that I will never get back watching three of these. The ones I watched were just like this.

My time would have been better spent clipping my toenails.

Just like our places of "higher learning"?

There's an oxymoron for you. Calling most of today's universities places of "higher learning".:ohbrother:

15 minutes of my life that I will never get back watching three of these. The ones I watched were just like this.

You are proving to be incapable of listening to or seeing anothers point of view who doesn't agree lock and step with you. Why are you on a discussion board then? Not much of a discussion when your mind is closed off before you hear the TRUTH. What SPECIFIC part offended you? It's all truth to what is going on in Berkley. Facism and difference of thought and opinions are being shut down by violence if neccessary.

I can see where diversity of thought can be a problem. Inclusion instead of division, being able to tolorate others point of view and to respect their right to freedom of speech. That must really tick you off, because that's what the clip was about.

Edited by Fear the Nation