Open Job: Bracken County

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep telling yourself that. I'm pretty sure both Bradshaw and Ray knew the time commitment involved. They had both been coaches for 20+ years. When coaches have been in the business that long and walk away, there's usually something else going on that's causing them to leave the profession.

Keep telling yourself that. I'm pretty sure both Bradshaw and Ray knew the time commitment involved. They had both been coaches for 20+ years. When coaches have been in the business that long and walk away, there's usually something else going on that's causing them to leave the profession.

That's funny stuff right there.

Bradshaw had limited time as a Head Coach prior to taking the job at BCHS. Plus he had a 40 minute drive to Brooksville that he did not factor into the equation. Ray, on the other hand, had only been a middle school coach which does not require the time that a high school head coach requires. The fact is that Bradshaw isn't coaching anywhere and I would be surprised if Ray would pursue another coaching job at the high school level.

Bradshaw had limited time as a Head Coach prior to taking the job at BCHS. Plus he had a 40 minute drive to Brooksville that he did not factor into the equation. Ray, on the other hand, had only been a middle school coach which does not require the time that a high school head coach requires. The fact is that Bradshaw isn't coaching anywhere and I would be surprised if Ray would pursue another coaching job at the high school level.

All of this is very true. Then I ask why were they hired if all of this was known before they were hired?

I can speak to Bradshaw situation and no I am not Bradshaw. He knew exactly what he was getting into with the time requirements. He has been a boys varsity head coach and served as the interim girls varsity head coach. The 30-40 minute drive from home to Brooksville had absolutely zero to do with him leaving the position after 1 year! If the drive was a concern, he would have NEVER applied for the position in the first place. Bradshaw is currently not coaching because he made the decision to stay out of coaching this season - he has had multiple offers and conversations with people who want him on their bench.

All of this is very true. Then I ask why were they hired if all of this was known before they were hired?

I'm not at liberty to say why Bradshaw was hired but I will say it had something to do with administration or one authority figure in particular. We really thought Ray would do a good job but obviously he didn't have the knowledge to be a coach at the high school level.

I can speak to Bradshaw situation and no I am not Bradshaw. He knew exactly what he was getting into with the time requirements. He has been a boys varsity head coach and served as the interim girls varsity head coach. The 30-40 minute drive from home to Brooksville had absolutely zero to do with him leaving the position after 1 year! If the drive was a concern, he would have NEVER applied for the position in the first place. Bradshaw is currently not coaching because he made the decision to stay out of coaching this season - he has had multiple offers and conversations with people who want him on their bench.

...and perhaps if he didn't have to put up with a crybaby every other day he would have stuck around.

Funny, how those complaining about all the different coaches were a major contributor as to why it has come to this.

Perhaps most importantly, a former coach gets a lot of credit for success. Make no mistake EVERY coach that Sara Sticklen, Bailey Cummins and company played for during their time in the Bracken Co school system experienced success.