Open Job: Bracken County

I really like Kaitlin as well, as a FUTURE Coach. Just think she needs a little more time and after just hiring Sara Sticklan for her first ever coaching job helming the softball team, think BC may go with more experience this time after Ray was coming off his first high school coaching job as well. Think Douglas would be the fit, but Buser is interesting

If you're referring to Paula Buser, no. She had to be begged to come out of retirement and be an assistant for Cox, if she does anything it will be to go back into retirement.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracken hasn't been on the merry-go-round alone. Augusta has had 3 different coaches each of the last 3 seasons as well.

But a little different situation, with Coach Bray being sidelined with health issues just a month before this past season was to start. Otherwise, that isn't the case.

But a little different situation, with Coach Bray being sidelined with health issues just a month before this past season was to start. Otherwise, that isn't the case.

Totally understand.

But, just like a lot of people doesn't know those circumstances, a lot of people are taking a little bit of information and drawing conclusions with Bracken's situation.

As far as I'm concerned, Bracken Co. had the right guy for the job and told him to hit the road a couple years ago.

Coach Kelsch put his heart and soul into Lady Bear basketball and became the most successful coach in BCHS history.

Wish he was someplace where he could get a bit more talent than he'll get at RCS, but job security won't be an issue there.

As far as I'm concerned, Bracken Co. had the right guy for the job and told him to hit the road a couple years ago.

Coach Kelsch put his heart and soul into Lady Bear basketball and became the most successful coach in BCHS history.

Wish he was someplace where he could get a bit more talent than he'll get at RCS, but job security won't be an issue there.

1. Nobody has ever really heard the full story to why Kelsch LEFT. However the story I've heard is that they told him to make some adjustments such as overtop coaching and being on his phone during practice.

2. I'll give you a break on the one because you're a Mason County guy, but the most successful coach isn't Patrick Kelsch. - Gary Clayton coached 9 seasons from 1978-1981, and 1989-1993. Winning 153 games, 3rd place at All A State, 6 district championships.

3. Patrick Kelsch coached with a lifetime run of talent at Bracken County. He did what he had to with the talent and I'm sure there are plenty of other coaches who would have done the same. We don't give enough credit to the group of girls who helped made it happen. Also I've seen the double standard from BGP Bracken coaching experts that: Kelsch wins with Cummins, Sticklen he's great coach, but Hinson wins with Bach, Crawford it's all the players, and he's a bad coach? Kelsch isn't the only good girls basketball coach in the region, so stop trying to make it out that way. He has made no effort at all to stop the emotion over the desicion that happened 2 years ago by liking and replying to tweets about it on twitter and just adding fuel to the fire. We are all just feeding his ego. It is time to let it go!

If he's the Coach you say he is, why isn't he at a top 10th region school or other region's school for that matter? Did your Royals interview him when the girls position became available a couple years back?

If he's the Coach you say he is, why isn't he at a top 10th region school or other region's school for that matter? Did your Royals interview him when the girls position became available a couple years back?

I do believe he was interviewed or at least a person of interest if I recall correctly. @sumoroyal would know for sure.

But if you don't think he can coach then you must not have seen him get the Robertson Co boys team to the regional tournament this year.

1. Nobody has ever really heard the full story to why Kelsch LEFT. However the story I've heard is that they told him to make some adjustments such as overtop coaching and being on his phone during practice.

2. I'll give you a break on the one because you're a Mason County guy, but the most successful coach isn't Patrick Kelsch. - Gary Clayton coached 9 seasons from 1978-1981, and 1989-1993. Winning 153 games, 3rd place at All A State, 6 district championships.

3. Patrick Kelsch coached with a lifetime run of talent at Bracken County. He did what he had to with the talent and I'm sure there are plenty of other coaches who would have done the same. We don't give enough credit to the group of girls who helped made it happen. Also I've seen the double standard from BGP Bracken coaching experts that: Kelsch wins with Cummins, Sticklen he's great coach, but Hinson wins with Bach, Crawford it's all the players, and he's a bad coach? Kelsch isn't the only good girls basketball coach in the region, so stop trying to make it out that way. He has made no effort at all to stop the emotion over the desicion that happened 2 years ago by liking and replying to tweets about it on twitter and just adding fuel to the fire. We are all just feeding his ego. It is time to let it go!

That 1991 team is one of the best in school history, boys or girls.

• 3 weeks later...