Bowling Green 80 Scott 79 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Semifinals)

I believe Jake is now Top 15 in Sweet 16 total points in one tourney.

Tied for 14 all time in one tournament with 105 points tied with Chris Lofton, Wes Unseld, JR VanHoose, and Trent Gilbert. One thing Lofton, Gilbert, and Unseld all was in 4 games only JR VanHoose from Paitsville was in 3 games as was Ohmer's.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tied for 14 all time in one tournament with 105 points tied with Chris Lofton, Wes Unseld, JR VanHoose, and Trent Gilbert. One thing Lofton, Gilbert, and Unseld all was in 4 games only JR VanHoose from Paitsville was in 3 games as was Ohmer's.

Pretty good company.

Whole BG team gives The Jake a standing ovation as The Jake receives his All Tourney Team Award.

Very Classy. Love it.

Chad Ohmer is the other recipient of the All Tourney Team for Scott.

I was just telling PP... I don't get to watch as much HSBB as many here, but that was the best high school basketball game I've ever seen.

I had not missed a State Tourney in over 50 years till this year and had to miss this and the team being from my region....I am sick.

Congrats to BG on the win and showing such class for honoring Jake when getting his trophy.

To Jake, Young man you have shown class in all your years of playing and I have enjoyed watching you play. I know your dream was to play in the state tourney and you put on a show for all of the state to see. I am so proud of you and the whole Scott team. What an amazing way of representing our 10 region. Best of luck on the college level. Wherever you go is gettin a outstanding player and young man. Your fan from GRC.

It's about time the refs call the block on the defender refusing to let a player land.

If the player goes up on Spot A, he is only entitled to come down on Spot A.

He is not permitted to come down on Spot C, with the defender being set and not initiating the contact while occupying Spot B.

If the player goes up on Spot A, he is only entitled to come down on Spot A.

He is not permitted to come down on Spot C, with the defender being set and not initiating the contact while occupying Spot B.

If the defender isn't in spot C when the the player leaves spot A then it should be a blocking foul. I'll never budge from this thought.

You're basically allowing the defender to occupy two different spots on the floor while a player is in the air.

And from this day forward, any of you charge loving folks ever venture into a Duke thread and complain about them flopping I'm calling you out. I'm making a list. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I couldn't get the link to post. But look at the post on where I said to find the replay. There was no flop the guy went right into him. The player was even in the spot and set before the player left his feet to shoot.

Have you seen the replay or just going by what you saw live in that moment? If your going by what you saw live and in the moment I can see why you thought it was a block because BG season was basically on the line with that call lol. However if you seen the replay I am not sure how you could keep that stance. I mean even if you admit the refs got it wrong, it doesn't change the outcome because BG is the one getting to play tomorrow.

I couldn't get the link to post. But look at the post on where I said to find the replay. There was no flop the guy went right into him. The player was even in the spot and set before the player left his feet to shoot.

Have you seen the replay or just going by what you saw live in that moment? If your going by what you saw live and in the moment I can see why you thought it was a block because BG season was basically on the line with that call lol. However if you seen the replay I am not sure how you could keep that stance. I mean even if you admit the refs got it wrong, it doesn't change the outcome because BG is the one getting to play tomorrow.

Wouldn't matter if it was BG or not. I've been consistent all season on how I feel about charges being called. All I want to see is if when he took off if it was into the defender. If the defender was in his spot while he was in the air I hate when it is called a charge. Hate it. Always will.

I've always been on the fence about the charge call, but PP has convinced me to hate it. :lol2:

If the offensive player doesn't make contact with the defender while both are on the floor, it should never be a charge IMO.

I've always been on the fence about the charge call, but PP has convinced me to hate it. :lol2:

If the offensive player doesn't make contact with the defender while both are on the floor, it should never be a charge IMO.

I had to give you the dislike, you seemed like a good guy yesterday. I really hate to see @PurplePride92 drag you down with him. LOL

What was the attendance?

I don't know what the attendance numbers were but the entire lower section of Rupp was full. It was a great atmosphere and the last 5 mins of the game was something special to watch. Scott didn't have the lead the entire game I don't think until the last few mins. The game set the stage for a legend to be born was the type of energy the place had that last

minute of the game.

Everyone in the gym was cheering for Scott. Cooper's pep section had a sign that said "We love Ohmer". Best game of the tournament so far and it'll be hard to follow.

During the last quarter it was pretty cool to see Scott getting student support from both end zones.

The impromptu sign for Ohmer was great.

I don't know what the attendance numbers were but the entire lower section of Rupp was full. It was a great atmosphere and the last 5 mins of the game was something special to watch. Scott didn't have the lead the entire game I don't think until the last few mins. The game set the stage for a legend to be born was the type of energy the place had that last

minute of the game.

It was a very good crowd. The arena was packed with folks cheering for the NoKy schools. Had Scott managed to hit a GW shot, the KHSAA would've been totally thrilled since they know all of NoKy's hoops fans would show up. A bunch still will, anyway, even with the finals conflicting with UofL and UK NCAA games.

I didn't get to go to all sessions, but I bet it was the best-attended session of the week.

Poor ref'ing cost Scott an appearance in state championship. Those 3 should be ashamed. Just terrible!!!

Can someone post a video so I can revisit?

Is the KHSAA awarding all-tournament recognition right after games end?

I'm glad they do, and I'm glad that region tournaments have gone to this way. I wish they'd get away from it in districts, too. The All-District photo is never pretty. You've got 4 kids thrilled they just won and can't wait to cut the nets down, 3 who just want to leave because they just lost, and 4 others in street clothes. Nobody looks at the right camera at the right time, and the lighting is never right.

Caveat: The way most regions do their ATT is garbage. Usually it's all up to the coaches of the specific team. (Not all are done this way, but many are, and the 4-3-2-2 thing has become the relative norm in most regions/state.) However, that being said, I'd rather they do it than me. Let somebody else deal with the angry parent who thinks their kid just dropped a rung on the scholly ladder just because said kid didn't make the All-Region tourney team.