TheDeuce

Bowling Green 80 Scott 79 (KHSAA Sweet 16 Semifinals)

It's about time the refs call the block on the defender refusing to let a player land.

Watch the replay, he was set before the guy even left his feet. Imo if the shot went in it should have counted, because he did let it go like as soon as he began his jump. However it still would be a charge call, because the player was there and set even before the offensive player left his feet.

There were calls that could have gone either way. However that call was the biggest. That call kept BG hopes a live, if it was a charge then Scott is probably playing for the title tomorrow. I think if it wasn't BG playing you may feel different on if it was the right call or not.

Either way it was an amazing game and a shame either team had to lose.

I disagree. It was a good look for him. He split the defenders and just put it a little hard off the glass. If I'm Scott I want the ball in his hands and I'll live with whatever happens.

If Scott had one player over 6'4" like BG they possibly win this game. They fought hard and for a bunch of little guys you couldn't ask for anything more out of them.

I think the only thing I would have changed was I would have wanted a shot going up with at least 6-7 secs left on the clock just in case they had a shot at a rebound.

One of the biggest calls of the game was the block they called on Scott when they were up 3 with a minute left. I just watched the replay again on Twitter and I have no idea how they called that a block. He was standing there waiting for him. If that is a charge call it would have been Scott's ball up 3 with a minute left.

I know there are a lot of call in a game that could go different. However that call may have been the biggest in the game.

What an amazing game!

Can you post the link, please.

Was as loud as any UK game I've attended here in the last 5 mins of the game.

What was the attendance?

I believe Jake is now Top 15 in Sweet 16 total points in one tourney.

Can you post the link, please.

I can't get it to post. It is on Josh Moore's Twitter page under the tweet Scott up 77 to 74 Rupp loves it.

@HLpreps is the Twitter name. Sure looks like a charge to me. What do you think?

Watch the replay, he was set before the guy even left his feet. Imo if the shot went in it should have counted, because he did let it go like as soon as he began his jump. However it still would be a charge call, because the player was there and set even before the offensive player left his feet.

There were calls that could have gone either way. However that call was the biggest. That call kept BG hopes a live, if it was a charge then Scott is probably playing for the title tomorrow. I think if it wasn't BG playing you may feel different on if it was the right call or not.

Either way it was an amazing game and a shame either team had to lose.

A shot is never counted on a PC foul.

A shot is never counted on a PC foul.

Well then it's definitely a charge imo. Have you looked at it yet? You seen these things a lot more than me. What do you think?

All tournament team, losE first game you get nothing, win one you get one player, lose in semi finals you get 2, runner-up gets three and champions get 4. Total 15.

All tournament team, losE first game you get nothing, win one you get one player, lose in semi finals you get 2, runner-up gets three and champions get 4. Total 15.

Thanks. Seems a little formulaic and arbitrary but it avoids having the players wait around until the end of the tourney to receive their award.

Well then it's definitely a charge imo. Have you looked at it yet? You seen these things a lot more than me. What do you think?

I saw one shot but it was from mid court opposite side. From there I can certainly see why you say it was a bad call. Problem is you need an angle from the baseline to get a good/accurate look.

You could be right. Just hard to tell.

It's about time the refs call the block on the defender refusing to let a player land.

I think you missed it, he was set and was run into... IMO

Thanks. Seems a little formulaic and arbitrary but it avoids having the players wait around until the end of the tourney to receive their award.

Yes, they did it this way because alot of players would not show up on championship night when team was announced. We did this in the 10th region also. Works out pretty well.

Yes, they did it this way because alot of players would not show up on championship night when team was announced. We did this in the 10th region also. Works out pretty well.

I like the idea.