Bowling Green/Scott County predictions

Bowling Green vs. Scott County (Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Bowling Green vs. Scott County (Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)

• Bowling Green (32-2)
    • Scott County (30-5)

I think the hype of the game along with the early timeslot will make things sloppy and slow in first quarter. Things will get rolling in the second quarter and will be a toss up throughout rest of game.

As expected, ill go with the Purples in a close one with the 8th grader Harmon making his signature game for the tourney.

Purples by 4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Scott County do in rim protection and closing down driving lanes? One reason Graves was able to hang for so long was the big man in the middle, but judging by the heights on Scott County's roster, they don't have as many bigs and certainly not a single big like Vogt.

Judging from yesterday's game Scott County has three rim protectors in Moreno, Watts and Robb. All three affected and blocked shots in the paint and Pulaski County has decent size. Now, Pulaski County doesn't have BG size but they aren't small.

Just don't see anywhere Scott county is better than bowling green. Moreno and Watts are not on Taylor & Jones level and the back courts aren't even comparable.

I don't know enough about Scott County's individuals to talk man to man matchups in depth, but I feel like the proof is in the results. Scott County has been delivering body blows to very good competition, just like Bowling Green. Moreno averages over 22 points a game and adds 10 rebounds to go with that. I agree that he and Watts are probably not as good a tandem, but Moreno might be the best of the group individually.

I do know that in my talks with the voice of the Purples that he mentioned one of his major concerns all year long were teams with length at the guard position (Berkmar was his major example). Well, Scott County has them dominated in that regard with three guards in the starting lineup over 6'0", while all of the guards for the Purples are 5'10" and under. Scoring, it's a wash when comparing the back courts, so I'm not certain where the "not even comparable" part comes in.

As good as Sherrill has been of late, you know that one of the areas Scott County has a clear advantage in is coaching. Hicks is one of the all-time legends in the state.

I get the impression you believe Bowling Green is on another echelon compared to Scott County, or at least dominate their individual matchups. I'm not certain of either of those at all. I really believe if Bowling Green blows them out like you say, then it's a sign that there's no one that's going to stop BG. Fern Creek or Ballard are really good, but both are going to have a gauntlet in their way just to get there.

Just don't see anywhere Scott county is better than bowling green. Moreno and Watts are not on Taylor & Jones level and the back courts aren't even comparable.

Anyone that doesn't think SC can play with anyone in the state isn't paying attention or drank some purple juice.