Simon Kenton 2017 Schedule Brutal or Brilliant?

5 STAR

This thread has taken a bit of a turn. Initial question was brutal or brilliant. Brutal would be the elite teams already mentioned. Period. They aren't able to compete with those teams though. Brilliant would be finding some teams that can "push" them but won't POUND them. I would suggest Sycamore, Scott Co, LaSalle, Princeton, Lakota. Teams of that level. CCH did this last year with Sycamore and I think that's a brilliant way to play a high level team to improve.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shocked if any of the GCL schools would say no to SK. SK would be a PERFECT school for them to play, even better than HHS when they played them. SK is going to win a lot of games and is a big school. That translates into a "Harbin Cow" for the GCL team if they would beat SK (and I am sure all the GCL schools are confident they can beat SK any given year). GCL schools have a lot of trouble finding games locally. I am SURE they would LOVE to play SK every year.

Can't wait to see what happens when Lafayette plays Moeller this year.

I've explained to you how a 5a team in an area with multiple successful teams has beaten X a 6a contender you say can't be beaten. You have anything else, about how a 6a team who wants to win 6a will never be able to compete with T,X and Male? Its absurd just on the face of it. In other states people don't think like this, they figure out what they need to do to win. It kind of makes me sad. Maybe Ryle will get it going.

X is average but always plays Male and T tough.

So, the two "non-NKY" teams on the schedule...Bryan Station, 4-7 last year...Meade Co...2-9 last year. 1A Beechwood on the schedule (sure, Beechwood is a very good 1A school...but SK scheduling them? Why?). HHS, though unusual, is way down. Scrimmages don't count and are just that, scrimmages. Does someone want to call this a "strong" schedule? I'm not going to. Average at best. Where are the teams that are going to test/push these guys, assuming they are in line to be a top 6A team? Cincinnati is right across the river, can they not get a game with at least one of the tougher teams over there? Short trip too if on the road.

I'm sorry, but to me, this is not the schedule one makes if a powerhouse 6A program looking to grow even better. I'm no expert and no one will lose sleep over my opinion, but that's the way I see it.

To the original question...it is neither brutal, nor brilliant in my mind.

So, the two "non-NKY" teams on the schedule...Bryan Station, 4-7 last year...Meade Co...2-9 last year. 1A Beechwood on the schedule (sure, Beechwood is a very good 1A school...but SK scheduling them? Why?). HHS, though unusual, is way down. Scrimmages don't count and are just that, scrimmages. Does someone want to call this a "strong" schedule? I'm not going to. Average at best. Where are the teams that are going to test/push these guys, assuming they are in line to be a top 6A team? Cincinnati is right across the river, can they not get a game with at least one of the tougher teams over there? Short trip too if on the road.

I'm sorry, but to me, this is not the schedule one makes if a powerhouse 6A program looking to grow even better. I'm no expert and no one will lose sleep over my opinion, but that's the way I see it.

Good Cincy teams will only schedule a KY team if it's advantageous to their rating system. Let's face it, they're going to look further south along the Ohio for that opportunity if they do at all.

SK has played Ohio teams in the past.

Of course and beat them just like they have beat T.

Well Trinity has given and received beat downs against those schools, let's not hint that it is fully lopsided in the last decade or so. I mean T has at least scored on those teams in their handful if losses.

That would be my take.

Good Cincy teams will only schedule a KY team if it's advantageous to their rating system. Let's face it, they're going to look further south along the Ohio for that opportunity if they do at all.

I am not sure I understand this post. Are you saying that the GCL schools would not schedule SK but would rather play X or Trinity? If so, I would disagree. As a 6a school that will win 8+ games most years, SK is perfect for those schools as they get secondary Harbin points for each game SK wins (besides getting more Harbin points for the fact that SK is a large school). Also, SK is much closer for their fans if they play a home and home series. Finally, the GCL teams all figure they will beat SK much easier than Trinity or X.