Simon Kenton 2017 Schedule Brutal or Brilliant?

5 STAR

I am not sure I understand this post. Are you saying that the GCL schools would not schedule SK but would rather play X or Trinity? If so, I would disagree. As a 6a school that will win 8+ games most years, SK is perfect for those schools as they get secondary Harbin points for each game SK wins (besides getting more Harbin points for the fact that SK is a large school). Also, SK is much closer for their fans if they play a home and home series. Finally, the GCL teams all figure they will beat SK much easier than Trinity or X.

SK is better than X.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity is a cash cow also for the Ohio schools what is your point?

Just so as not to be misinterpreted I'll spell it right out for you.

Trinity has proven that they can compete with and beat Ohio big schools therefore they are not the cash cow that SK would. SK is as close as to a guaranteed win as there is for one of the big Ohio schools.

Just so as not to be misinterpreted I'll spell it right out for you.

Trinity has proven that they can compete with and beat Ohio big schools therefore they are not the cash cow that SK would. SK is as close as to a guaranteed win as there is for one of the big Ohio schools.

I know Trinity lost to a down year Moeller team a couple years ago.

I know Trinity lost to a down year Moeller team a couple years ago.

17-14.

They also won a ring that same year beating a team that hammered SK twice. (36-10, 24-0)

That Trinity would have shut that SK team out AGAIN.

It's really pointless to trash talk about a team you've never beaten, never been competitive with or never even scored on.

17-14.

They also won a ring that same year beating a team that hammered SK twice. (36-10, 24-0)

That Trinity would have shut that SK team out AGAIN.

It's really pointless to trash talk about a team you've never beaten, never been competitive with or never even scored on.

Yawn.

I guarantee you the first time SK beats T you will disappear.

Not likely. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut occasionally. Besides by the time that happens both of us are likely to be worm food. They'd actually have to play for SK to beat them and Marksberry will never willingly let that happen.

232-0

58 points

Edited by All Tell

So, the two "non-NKY" teams on the schedule...Bryan Station, 4-7 last year...Meade Co...2-9 last year. 1A Beechwood on the schedule (sure, Beechwood is a very good 1A school...but SK scheduling them? Why?). HHS, though unusual, is way down. Scrimmages don't count and are just that, scrimmages. Does someone want to call this a "strong" schedule? I'm not going to. Average at best. Where are the teams that are going to test/push these guys, assuming they are in line to be a top 6A team? Cincinnati is right across the river, can they not get a game with at least one of the tougher teams over there? Short trip too if on the road.

I'm sorry, but to me, this is not the schedule one makes if a powerhouse 6A program looking to grow even better. I'm no expert and no one will lose sleep over my opinion, but that's the way I see it.

To the original question...it is neither brutal, nor brilliant in my mind.

Well said. Need to be tested by some teams like the ones they will see in their last game of the year. I personally hate to see a team like SK go undefeated thru the regular season, unless they have really played someone towards the top. Otherwise, I think the players hit that wall of a team that they haven't seen before and don't know how to respond.

Like 2020BirdDad said you don't need someone that will "pound" you but you do need someone to "push" you. Teams like Scott County come to mind. While this schedule will probably do fine for filling the gait purse and the fans hearts, I don't see it preparing the team for that last game of the year, like a little tougher schedule would.

I am not sure I understand this post. Are you saying that the GCL schools would not schedule SK but would rather play X or Trinity? If so, I would disagree. As a 6a school that will win 8+ games most years, SK is perfect for those schools as they get secondary Harbin points for each game SK wins (besides getting more Harbin points for the fact that SK is a large school). Also, SK is much closer for their fans if they play a home and home series. Finally, the GCL teams all figure they will beat SK much easier than Trinity or X.

I'm not sure what you don't understand. I did not single out SK in my post but it IS an SK thread. SK should be scheduling tough Cincy teams every year if they can get a game. I just think good Cincy teams WOULD rather schedule teams like T or X because you only get better by going against the best and T and X schedules reflect that.

I'm not sure what you don't understand. I did not single out SK in my post but it IS an SK thread. SK should be scheduling tough Cincy teams every year if they can get a game. I just think good Cincy teams WOULD rather schedule teams like T or X because you only get better by going against the best and T and X schedules reflect that.

I understand what you are saying now but in regards to what GCL teams need for their schedules, I disagree. GCL teams already play a very tough schedule and in some cases, a murderous schedule. They don't need to be tested any more than they already are. The GCL schools already play 3 tough conference games, typically will play Cleveland St Eds and/or Ignatius, a very good Indy school like Chatard or Cathedral and a very good Ky team like Trinity or X. Throw in one of the early games against an out of town school like Don Bosco and you have a brutal schedule. I have not even mentioned Colerain who Cincy X and Lasalle typically play. If you take one of those games out and sub in a SK, the GCL schools would still be playing a very tough schedule...and they would love the Harbin points and the extremely good chance at getting a W.