Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UKFAN#18

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UKFAN#18

  1. SALTY, once again about the backs?! I'll take my grandma with good glasses coupled with a good line over your bruiser back that can't get out from the linebackers. Speed, vision and explosion wins at the high school level no matter the class, period. But you are right about one thing, it will rain. SK wins by just a couple TDs in the mud.
  2. Your concern is ALWAYS about the RBs!! And never credit to the line play. Anyone worth their salt knows, the line is the maker and breaker. SK will plow the road. GO LINE!!
  3. Congrats to the birds on the win
  4. I love how some get worked up about a freshman game and think it is going to correlate to varsity. That a varsity team won't want to play another because of prior freshman games outcomes is laughable. But I will give you two thumbs up for the entertainment value.
  5. You must have miss understood what I was saying. I believe Old records mean nothing for this year. Just pointing out that what happened way back when, means zippo. Last year or two may have a little relevance bc some of the same players. Is it still fuzzy logic?
  6. It's a lot easier to remember that SK is 2-0 vs same in the last decade. I have a hard time remembering games that are older than I am.
  7. You mean Durham won the back to back districts?
  8. Well said. Need to be tested by some teams like the ones they will see in their last game of the year. I personally hate to see a team like SK go undefeated thru the regular season, unless they have really played someone towards the top. Otherwise, I think the players hit that wall of a team that they haven't seen before and don't know how to respond. Like 2020BirdDad said you don't need someone that will "pound" you but you do need someone to "push" you. Teams like Scott County come to mind. While this schedule will probably do fine for filling the gait purse and the fans hearts, I don't see it preparing the team for that last game of the year, like a little tougher schedule would.
  9. Average I agree. Like to see them play one or two powerhouse teams early to mid season to tune up and adjust the team before the later season to have a better chance in the postseason. Learn much more from losing to a great team then winning against an average team.
  10. Believe what you want. I know my truth. LLLOOOLLL!!! Let me know where to send those donuts.
  11. If I send you a dozen Krispy Kreme's would that make you feel better about it? Lol
  12. Not what I'm saying at all. I really don't have a problem with coaches cussing at their own players. Everything has its time and place. But this was the wrong time and place. Some people that pay money to see a high school game don't want to listen to that junk and shouldn't have to. I think it would be very entertaining to go to a game where that was going on all over the place and was allowed. But I'm pretty sure a lot of the crowd would either end up in jail or the hospital. Lol What do you think would happen if I go to Park Hills and start going off dropping those words? Pretty sure I don't get to watch the rest of the game. I don't think I'm "dramatizing". Lmao I'm done boys (and girls). I really didn't want this to become a big thing. Just an observation.
  13. Hopefully you didn't graduate from CCH. Because if that's all you got out of this was that, then I have another thing to be disappointed with CCH about. LOL!!!
  14. I absolutely think it does. I was taught that if your at someone else's place you act with respect unless they don't show the same. While it still isn't the thing to do, if their shool administration, parents and coaching staff think it's ok, I don't have to go to the game in Park Hills. But when your on anothers court around their kids, mothers and grandparents he needs to act appropriate period. He's plenty old enough to know that. There is a big difference in coaching hard and what he did in that circumstance. And I don't have a problem using that word as an adult, just not in that circumstance. What make it worse for me was that there was grandparents sitting right behind him (and I heard him across the court). If I were to have used that word in front of an older person much less my grand parents. My dad would have had me collecting my teeth off of the floor.
  15. Don't know the name but what I'm assuming is the main assistant. He sat next to the head coach during the game. Coming from that school and being on a visitors court it was surprising.
  16. SK had CCH on the ropes almost the whole game. Both played a good game. CCH shot free throws like machines, believe only missed 2. If SK would have done the same and made better passes they would have won the game. Only disappointment of the whole game was the CCH assistant coach the last 3 minutes dropping the F bomb loud enough for the whole gym to hear him over the crowd standing on the court. Real classy coach!!
  17. How did they slow down Hegyi? Or was he injured/foal trouble?
  18. Highlands has Huddleson, Lewin and Schwalbach Cov Cath has Meyer and their Lt tackle (forget his name) Conner and Cooper has very good QBs (again don't know names) Campbell Co has Brooks Ryle has England and Cusick (skills) SK has Sajlovic (line) New Cath has Jefferson
  19. Totally agree with you. CC used the run and short pass game in the first half to slowly work down field and control the clock to keep SKs offense off the field and out of rhythm resulting in a tied game at the half. But then continued to try to pass second half, resulting in more and more picks off of the same play to the left long pass. Makes no sense at all. And Dowds was basically not used at RB the whole second half. CC didn't seem content to use what was working for them. Big mistake. Got to give it to SK for making some adjustments second half. I'm sure Marksberry had some choice words for his team during the half as well.
  20. Those are some big Ifs. How can they be down to 36? I thought they had at least twice that. They have that many injuries or what's going on with that?
  21. It is a hindrance compared to being on the opposite side of the crowd altogether. The Lafayette game is a great example. Everyone talked about what was going on the home side, but the visitor side had some interesting disturbances as well. Besides the normal hackling, a Lafayette mom went off and threatened to hit another Lafayette parent when he tried to calm her down. But I do agree with you that I like the set up as a fan. But for the home team it would be less distracting to be away from the crowd side distractions. A great example is Highlands, having the visitors squeezed right up against the fans. I call that smart. I don't blame them one bit taking advantage of being able to. SK could do the same but instead have their players standing right in front of the visitors fans
  22. Why SK would want to be by the visitors section side is beyond me. It makes all their home games like a visitor game for them. IMO they should eliminate the visitors side altogether and have the visiting team on the fan side of the field, like most other teams do.
  23. Ryle has a big physical team that will challenge Cov Cath. But Cov Caths line has been besting everyone this whole year. Should be a really good game. Cov Cath in a close one.
  24. I guarantee you the players could hear it, cause I was halfway down the stands and the person next to me mentioned it was going on while SKs offense was on the field. And it was so loud then that we had to yell to hear each other. I'm sure it was just a mistake. It only happened once.
  25. I find this should be/ could be talk funny too. Maybe coaches should've figured out positions earlier on in game/week then in the Cooper game if that was an issue then. Here's the FACTS: Copper game loss, Cov Cath game Loss. End of story. Any other game scores out there from this week?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.