Open Job: Boone County

Take your blinders off! These are a great group of girls who work hard and want to play ball. You can't blame this on one parent, who by the way, is one of the biggest fans for all our girls! Would love to see a coach come in and actually do their job and coach. So tired of hearing how bad the parents are at Boone. It's not the parents people. Let's get a coach in there that actually coaches and works hard at training. It's not good if the players our winded and lose their speed by end of first quarter.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coach can set rules and guidelines for the parents but without the administration backing them up it's useless.

This is very true and I agree! This happens at several schools where the admins don't have a backbone to stand up to the parents and back their coaches. Too often today, school officials take the compromise route by allowing moms and dads to come into their offices and when this happens, its like a cancer that spreads and multiplies to others parents. Dead end road for a coach!

Take your blinders off! These are a great group of girls who work hard and want to play ball. You can't blame this on one parent, who by the way, is one of the biggest fans for all our girls! Would love to see a coach come in and actually do their job and coach. So tired of hearing how bad the parents are at Boone. It's not the parents people. Let's get a coach in there that actually coaches and works hard at training. It's not good if the players our winded and lose their speed by end of first quarter.

Coach Kues record and hall of fame career speak for itself so there is no doubt this guy can get it done if he could just coach. So often enough today, coaches can't do that for the simple reason that they have to deal with all the crap such is what this discussion is about and that is outside influences. Maybe those kids are winded due to diets, bad habits, and commitment issues???

Any time you lose, a coach is opened up to criticism. If their record was 20-10 instead of 10-20, it would settle the situation down some...not all the way, but some. From glancing at stats, they had 4 kids that were averaging almost double digits in scoring. Those teams are harder to defend than if you have one dominant player. On another note, if you had one dominant player, she would probably just naturally stick out over the rest??? From stats, I don't get the impression that they have one "stud" player? Looks like they have the makings for a good TEAM?

They definitely had the makings for a good team. It is sad the way parent's get in their own children's head and mess up the entire team. Too many kids these days aren't coachable. If they don't do what they are being told by the coach but what the parent is telling them to do or yelling from the stand for them to do, the coach is just spinning his wheels. Definitely a parent problem at Boone when a parent goes around with a petition to get rid of one of the top coaches in KY without giving him a proper chance to build a TEAM concept with the players. Too many selfish players worried about their stats. They need to play an individual sport.

They definitely had the makings for a good team. It is sad the way parent's get in their own children's head and mess up the entire team. Too many kids these days aren't coachable. If they don't do what they are being told by the coach but what the parent is telling them to do or yelling from the stand for them to do, the coach is just spinning his wheels. Definitely a parent problem at Boone when a parent goes around with a petition to get rid of one of the top coaches in KY without giving him a proper chance to build a TEAM concept with the players. Too many selfish players worried about their stats. They need to play an individual sport.

Is this confirmed ?

:popcorn:

I am so baffled by this parent who claims it is a coaching problem. Maybe she hasn't even bothered to look at Coach Kues record? You can take the coaching job away from him but you can't touch the legacy he's built in Northern Ky! If given a chance, he could have built the program back up at Boone. No doubt about it!

First of all, as a parent , I was never approached with a petition to get rid of the coach. As for his legacy I believe it was many years ago and wasn't it in cross country? Just saying. And the girls are not out of shape because of diet or lack of exercise. That's why they have practice after school everyday for two hours. It's lack of training! Last year they were in great shape because their coach actually trained them to be fit!

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 2

Last year they were in great shape because their coach actually trained them to be fit!

And she quit too!!! It was not just to go back to teaching at SK either.

I like coach Kues a lot, but there is something to this story that we are missing. I've heard of petitions, secret meetings, and rumors all over this region.

So I assume the parent is not the parent of a senior since they were trying to get rid of him for the future. Or was this something that started with intent to get rid of him during the year and only came to fruition at the end?