Open Job: Boone County

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a parent of a BCHS girl's basketball player, I just decided to post a reply in this thread. This thread has taken a terrible turn. This forum is meant for a place to discuss girl's basketball civilly. The personal attacks and arguing will not help the search for a basketball coach one bit. Finding a new head coach now that Coach Kues has decided to move on, should be the main focus. If a prospective coach would look at this thread, I am afraid that this situation may wage negatively on their thought process on applying for the job.

I go to every game and cheer for all the girls on the team. This should be all about them!! They deserve nothing but the best!! Coach Kues may not have been a good fit at Boone Co. in some people's minds and I am not sure what the reasons are for him to resign, but we need to move on. There are a ton of rumors and half-truths being spread around about this situation; let this situation play out and hopefully the Administration gets this situation cleared up quickly. The bickering is not helping this situation. I believe the girls basketball job at Boone Co. could be a good opportunity for the right coach. Let's all support the girls on the team and get this thing turned around, so the girls will have a program to be happy and excited about.

GO REBELS!!!

As a parent of a BCHS girl's basketball player, I just decided to post a reply in this thread. This thread has taken a terrible turn. This forum is meant for a place to discuss girl's basketball civilly. The personal attacks and arguing will not help the search for a basketball coach one bit. Finding a new head coach now that Coach Kues has decided to move on, should be the main focus. If a prospective coach would look at this thread, I am afraid that this situation may wage negatively on their thought process on applying for the job.

I go to every game and cheer for all the girls on the team. This should be all about them!! They deserve nothing but the best!! Coach Kues may not have been a good fit at Boone Co. in some people's minds and I am not sure what the reasons are for him to resign, but we need to move on. There are a ton of rumors and half-truths being spread around about this situation; let this situation play out and hopefully the Administration gets this situation cleared up quickly. The bickering is not helping this situation. I believe the girls basketball job at Boone Co. could be a good opportunity for the right coach. Let's all support the girls on the team and get this thing turned around, so the girls will have a program to be happy and excited about.

GO REBELS!!!

The title of the thread is "Open Job: Boone County" so the focus of this is about the coaching position. In the middle of the summer there will be a thread titled "Boone County 2017-2018" The purpose of that thread will be to constructively discuss what the Boone county lady rebels need to do to be successful during the basketball season. That could Be a more appropriate place for you to write your monologue. I hope that you are active in that thread. Will be a shame if you spend $20 just to say one thing.

Also, since someone has mentioned this a few times and I am in a fighting mood, what does it mean if a coach "just isn't a good fit" for a particular school?

lol I'm curious myself as to what they mean by good fit.

Not accepting an environment where support is limited.

• 4 weeks later...
It was a good job because the coach was committed and knew what it took to have a good program. It is hard to find coaches with that type of dedication now. It is the same job as it always was.

It is not nearly as desirable as it once was. The make-up of the Boone student body is entirely different than 10 years ago. Much more of a transient population now which makes it hard to establish continuity in the program.

It is not nearly as desirable as it once was. The make-up of the Boone student body is entirely different than 10 years ago. Much more of a transient population now which makes it hard to establish continuity in the program.

Isn't BC supposed to redistricting soon? That might improve the talent pool at Boone.

Isn't BC supposed to redistricting soon? That might improve the talent pool at Boone.

I haven't heard anything about that at this point, but I would be interested to see if there is any real shift made to the Boone County district area...or at least anything that will make much real difference from a demographic standpoint.

Not accepting an environment where support is limited.

For me it was simply a nice way of saying I didn't think he'd last very long at Boone. Obviously he was a successful coach several years ago but I don't think he has the personality or temperament to lead a program any longer.