1st Region Rankings - Week 4 (POST YOUR POLLS HERE)

DragonFire

I don't disagree with any of that, but it still baffles me as to why some people rank teams like Adair County and Grayson County above Hopkinsville.

In all honesty, I'm not sold on this Hopkinsville team. I wasn't real sold on them last year, but from what I saw, Emmanuel Taylor made a huge impact and made the Tigers better than expected. Right now, I'm waiting to see what they look like when they get all their key players healthy and in the lineup, and recognizing that they (along with Bowling Green) may have played the toughest schedule on this side of the state.

In your opinion is Dixie Jones in a no win situation? If he wins it's because he should he's at Hopkinsville with tallented athletes. If he loses then it's the he hasn't beaten anybody worth a dime and so on and so on.

2004 Coach inherrited a good team at Madisonville with a born leader in Blake Boyd. Coach Jones led them to the region championship and nearly beat Hopkinsville. In the playoffs they went on the road won at undefeated Bowling Green. Andy Corbin and staff couldn't win at Madisonville but in Dixie's 1st year there they win and were competitive in their losses.

Then in 2005 Coach Jones takes over at Hopkinsville. Prior to the season most had them picked 3rd in the region and some had them at 4th. Some were even saying a 5-5 season would happen. He takes Hoptown to the region title game before loseing to Bowling Green 3-0 in a game that many of the experts said Hoptown didn't belong on the same field with. If Craig Clayton was coaching at Hoptown last year the record would have been the same.

Hoptown is off to a 0-3 start and in one game they did look like a JV team. But Male is gonna make a lot of teams they play look bad. The loss at Mayfield doesn't bother me and Ridgeway is as tallented in the skill spots as Male and bigger up front.

What this team lacks that last years had is size up front. T.J. Shephard will give them some size and help the line. Right now though a couple of skill kids that had good weightroom sessions in the offseason and strong summers are off to slow starts. When everybody is out there and if they continue to struggle then I won't hesitate to say so but the season isn't decided in the first 3 weeks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything that I've seen and heard of Hopkinsville is that they are s-o-f-t this year. They lost too many leaders from last year and have too many "me" type players this year. Now the poll.

Big schools

1. Bowling Green

2. Christian County

3. Marshall County

4. Owensboro

5. Graves County

6. Warren Central

7. Henderson County

8. Apollo

9. Warren East

10. Madisonville

Small schools

1. Mayfield

2. Trigg County

3. Fort Campbell

4. Caldwell County

5. Lone Oak

6. Owensboro Catholic

7. Metcalfe County

8. Russellville

9. Hancock County

10. Edmonson County

Bigs

1) Bowling Green

2) Marshall Co.

3) Owensboro

4) Christian Co.

5) Henderson Co.

6) Graves Co.

7) Warren Central

8) Warren East

9) Apollo

10) Hopkinsville

Smalls

1) Trigg Co.

2) Ft. Campbell

3) Mayfield

4) Owensboro Catholic

5) Russellville

6) Caldwell Co.

7) Hancock Co.

8) Fulton Co.

9) Metcalfe Co.

10) Lone Oak

Big Schools

1. Bowling Green

2. Henderson Co.

3. Christian Co.

4. Marshall Co.

5. Graves Co.

6. Warren East

7. Owensboro

8. Apollo

9. Madisonville

10. Grayson Co.

Small School

1. Trigg Co.

2. Caldwell Co.

3. Mayfield

4. Ft. Campbell

5. Russellville

6. Edmonson Co.

7. Butler Co.

8. O. Catholic

9. Fulton City

10. McLean Co.

I usually don't like to criticize other peoples picks but come on. I believe if I am not mistaken you are a Madison Central fan right? Which means you are most likely live in the central to eastern part of the state. Therefore you have not seen very many if any of these teams play. Because if you had ever seen Grayson Co. play then there would be no way you would put them in the top ten. They probably aren't in the top ten of the small schools. Nothing personal against Grayson Co. but they are awful. No other way to put it.

Also last week you had Henderson ranked 9th and after a win over a very bad Tilghman team you jump them to 2nd. Owensboro beats a good John Hardin team and you drop them from 3rd last week to 7th this week. Your rankings make zero sense.

Which of these teams have you seen play? I've seen several of them, but not Adair County ... I can only go to one game a night. Besides, who has Adair played that would make me want to see them?

I've seen Graves, Marshall and Hopkinsville...Not seen Adair, so, I can't really say if they do or don't belong, but, they're the only one of the group I came down to with a winning record, therefore, you have my reasoning...Could they beat Hopkinsville, don't know, but, from what I've seen of the Tigers, they don't belong in the top 10 right now, regardless of the teams they've played..I didn't feel Tighman belonged either, therefore it came down to Madisonville and Adair and I know little about either, so, I went with the best record...I'm not going to bash teams and make assumptions when I haven't seen them play, unlike others on here...

BIG

1. Bowling Green

2. Christian Co.

3. Warren Central

4. Marshall Co.

5. Owensboro

6. Henderson Co.

7. Graves Co.

8. Warren East

9. Apollo

10. Hoptown

SMALL

1. Mayfield

2. Trigg

3. Ft. Campbell

4. Owensboro Cath.

5. Russellville

6. Caldwell

7. Lone Oak

8. Hankcock

9. Metcalfe

10. Edmonson

I've seen Graves, Marshall and Hopkinsville...Not seen Adair, so, I can't really say if they do or don't belong, but, they're the only one of the group I came down to with a winning record, therefore, you have my reasoning...
So you took them just because they have a winning record, regardless of the quality of opposition ... that's not really a solid, informed vote.

I'm not going to bash teams and make assumptions when I haven't seen them play, unlike others on here...
We're calling a spade a spade and asking you to defend your vote and explain your logic ... hardly a crime.

Big Schools:

1. Marshall Co.

2. B. Green

3. Christian Co.

4. Graves Co.

5. Hnederson Co.

6. Owensboro

7. Warren Central

8. Apollo

9. Hopkinsville

10. Warren East

Small Schools:

1. trigg Co.

2. Mayfield

3. Owensboro Cathlolic

4. Ft. Campbell

5. Caldwell Co.

6. Edmonson Co.

7. Butler Co.

8. Russellville

9. Lone Oak

10. Crittenden Co.

So you took them just because they have a winning record, regardless of the quality of opposition ... that's not really a solid, informed vote.

We're calling a spade a spade and asking you to defend your vote and explain your logic ... hardly a crime.

Probably not, but as i said, it's the logic I used and if they don't belong, then that'll be clarified in the upcoming weeks...I never said it was a crime, but, just asked if you had seen them since you were convinced they didn't belong..only time will tell..Going to let this go now...

Reward success no matter how it was acheived.

Everyone has Warren East on the Top Ten list. They have four wins over teams with combined early records of 4-12.

Franklin-Simpson on the other hand is 1-3. Winning over a 3-1 team and losing three to teams that are combined 8-3.

Hoptown is winless but lost to two teams that are undefeated and unchallenged.

Early season rankings, unless done with a dartboard, are worthless.

Everyone has Warren East on the Top Ten list. They have four wins over teams with combined early records of 4-12.

Franklin-Simpson on the other hand is 1-3. Winning over a 3-1 team and losing three to teams that are combined 8-3.

In compiling that 3-1 record, how many teams did Rusellville beat and who were they?

Big schools

1. Bowling Green

2. Christian County

3. Owensboro

4. Marshall County

5. Warren Central

6. Henderson County

7. Graves County

8. Hopkinsville

9. Warren East

10. Apollo

Little schools

1. Trigg County

2. Mayfield

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Caldwell County

5. Fort Campbell

6. Russellville

7. Lone Oak

8. Metcalfe County

9. Hancock County

10. Edmonson County

If early season ranking mean nothing, then why do you feel the need to defend a position on the subject?

East would struggle with Franklin's early seson schedule, but I highly doubt that Franklin would beat Somerset either.

Since we are on the subject of comparing who played who, East beat Todd 63-7, Russellville beat them 38-0. Hmm...oh and that Russellville team you beat was 3-0 against 2-9 competition.

Take your sour grapes somewhere else. You'll get your shot against the Raiders. And given recent history, you have nothing to worry about.

Big Schools

1) Bowling Green

2) Marshall County

3) Christian County

4) Owensboro

5) Graves County

6) Henderson County

7) Warren Central

8) Warren East

9) Apollo

10) Madisonville North

Small Schools