Obama--Post Presidency????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the profound power vaccuum in the Democratic Party, I don't see anyone else out there who can lead them. Anyone who suggests that the party needs to appeal to someone out side the coastal urban centers will be shot down. Innovative thinking is suppressed in the left, just ask Bernie Sanders.

Given the profound power vaccuum in the Democratic Party, I don't see anyone else out there who can lead them. Anyone who suggests that the party needs to appeal to someone out side the coastal urban centers will be shot down. Innovative thinking is suppressed in the left, just ask Bernie Sanders.

There is a vacuum and it needs to be filled with someone focused on economic issues and jobs first. Dems need to revitalize the core of their party which is middle class workers. They need this to be the lead issue in the party. Trump stole that core value and the voters who follow it from the Dems in this past election.

There is a vacuum and it needs to be filled with someone focused on economic issues and jobs first. Dems need to revitalize the core of their party which is middle class workers. They need this to be the lead issue in the party. Trump stole that core value and the voters who follow it from the Dems in this past election.

Totally agree, but that will be hard to do from the mioptic viewpoint of Manhattan, DC, Beverly Hills and San Francisco where their power base lies; which totally ignores & looks down on the remainder of the country!!

Read this a while back when looking into the debt issue, and thought it summed up the situation rather well:

"There are many factors affecting the economy in general and our federal deficit/debt in particular. Presidents have little actual impact on the economy. Bush did not cause the recession. That was setup by the collapse of the .net and real estate bubbles which in turn were set up by deregulation that was supported by both parties. Clinton benefited by having most of his administration during these bubbles. Those bubbles burst toward the end of Clinton's term and hit bottom during Bush's. Having said that, Bush did little to mitigate the recession and arguably made it worse. But blaming Bush for the recession is as disengenuous as blaming Obama for the debt. The debt is an issue, but it's remedy is highly dependent on a thriving economy in which more people are employed and paying taxes rather than depending on public assistance. That may (probably will) require additional spending in the short term. These are complex issues with many interdependencies. Unfortunately, many people don't understand anything that doesn't fit on a bumper sticker."

As I recall reading, and I'm by no means a historian; Reagan submitted budgets that would have created a surplus, and were rejected by a Democratic congress?

The deficit tripled under Reagan.

I am surprised this was not more of an issue during this year's campaign. I suppose since both Trump and Hillary were basically in agreement on the deficit and do not care about controlling it that it never became a point of debate. The deficit is something that will likely become much more of a concern early in Trump's presidency.

He has been so useless that you and others hate on many things he accomplished? If he was useless, you wouldn't take the time to post in this thread.

Friday, January 20

VOR, this is a typical Jesse response - no substance - doesn't answer the question - adds nothing to the discussion.

What does that date signify most for you - the end of Obama or the start of Trump?

End of Obama. Nothing to do with Trump. I feel time will show just how bad Obama has been the past 8 years. There are many reason I feel this way, including Obamacare which was forced on the American people, the overall division the country has experienced during the past 8 years and many more things. I dont even really like Trump, but he is better than the other choices we had( Clinton).

VOR, this is a typical Jesse response - no substance - doesn't answer the question - adds nothing to the discussion.

Clyde never once did I respond to you. VOR asked a question and before I had a chance to answer you did what you do best. Best keep me out of your discussions. I mean that too. Im not joking with you.