4A 2017

Regardless of order that IS NOT a brutal out of district schedule for FS. It's not a bad schedule, but far from brutal. Hopkinsville has some tough out of district opponents for sure.

I hope you are correct. Thanks for the confidence. Now that I think about it I felt the same way coming into this season. It worked out ok. But we lost some good ones that will be hard to replace :thumb:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach I think you will be surprised. You will be fine. Greenwood and South Warren are still going to be good. I think South has to go down from what they were this year. They lost some really good kids. Losing 3-4 d-1college kids would make you think they would drop off some. FS will handle Monroe and Glasgow. After watching the FS and John game your style and physical prowess will handle those teams. I would guess your physical style of play will give Etown problems as well. That fullback is really good. I think it will come down to FS and Hopkinsville coming out of the west next year.

Looking at teams that were on the schedule in 15-16 and will be back in 17:

Home Games: Russellville, Warren East, Warren Central, Greenwood

Away Games: Monroe, South Warren, Allen County

It would seem to be that two of the new teams would be away and one a home.

Just a guess, but based on travel I would say either E-Town or Meade at home.

Glasgow on the road.

Based on the last stats report for 4a

The top returning rushers to the class are

2nd / 20 Joe Jackson Johnson Central

3rd / 20 Caleb Morehead Shelby County

6th / 20 Kadin Smith Spencer County

10th / 20 Saul Brady Franklin-Simpson

12th / 20 Donavan Arthur Knox Central

Which backs are going to emerge as top guys in Class 4a

The top returning passers in 4a are

1st / 20 JR Lucas Collins

2nd / 20 Brayden Campos Valley

4th / 20 Mason Sullivan Marion County

5th / 20 Tyler Ezell Logan County

6th / 20 Jalen Johnson Hopkinsville

9th / 20 Braxton Ratliff Ashland Blazer

11th / 20 Gunnar Gillis Mercer County

12th / 20 Ben VanHook Harrison County

13th / 20 Lorenzo Linsey Wayne County

17th / 20 Jacob Bellah Calloway County

18th / 20 Ben Abrell Russell County

19th / 20 Eli Sammons Greenup County

Pretty big group of returning Quarterbacks, do we expect anyone to have a breakout year?

Top Returning WRs in class 4a

2nd / 20 Titus Ransom Bourbon County

4th / 20 Stephen Cager Hopkinsville

9th / 20 Caleb Huskey Warren East

13th / 20 Nasean Roseberry Collins

16th / 20 Jamesy Swentzel West Jessamine

17th / 20 Aaron Miller Mad. North Hopkins

Who will be the new guys to enter into this group?

For FS, in addition to Saul Brady two guys to watch are:

Carlos McKinney, FB ran for 783 yds between the tackles for almost a 5 yd/carry ave.

Tre Bass, WB small but strong with lots of speed. He will emerge as a break away threat.

For FS, in addition to Saul Brady two guys to watch are:

Carlos McKinney, FB ran for 783 yds between the tackles for almost a 5 yd/carry ave.

Tre Bass, WB small but strong with lots of speed. He will emerge as a break away threat.

All three of those guys will have a great year. Brady had less carries than any of those mentioned in this thread. I liked the look of the back up quarterback too. He played with great poise in the second half against John Hardin.

All three of those guys will have a great year. Brady had less carries than any of those mentioned in this thread. I liked the look of the back up quarterback too. He played with great poise in the second half against John Hardin.

Needed to correct my last statement.

Kadin Smith had less carries than Brady.

@macdon

How will the passing game look next year for FS? Losing number 30 and 4 has to hurt. Do they have receivers to fill these shoes?That passing wrinkle made a difference in 2016.

Does anyone have updates on the ACS QB?

Needed to correct my last statement.

Kadin Smith had less carries than Brady.

@macdon

How will the passing game look next year for FS? Losing number 30 and 4 has to hurt. Do they have receivers to fill these shoes?That passing wrinkle made a difference in 2016.

Does anyone have updates on the ACS QB?

I don't think you replace a kid like Hunter Janes #30. He made some miraculous catches. His concentration and hand/eye coordination was exceptional. Josiah Robey #4 is a three year starter. All around player. Sometime I hope to add up his all purpose yards. Also tough to replace.

There are some extremely athletic kids that have been waiting their turn. FS will usually have enough athletes.

They will be fine at QB. Rylan Thomas is a cool hand back there with a good arm. He got some good varsity experience this fall.

The ACS QB has a hard rehab ahead but he is a tough as nails kid. Expect him to be full go by August.

Collins QB JR Lucas led the state in passing yards and passing TD's in the regular season as a junior in 2016. Should be in the mix for 4A player of the year, IMO.

Seen this kid since middle school and he has been very successful--very poised with good scrambling ability. Looking at the stats from this season who will emerge as his targets next season? Collins graduates Maggard and Hawk who accounted for 94 catches and 2100+ yds receiving.