6th / 20 Jalen Johnson Hopkinsville

9th / 20 Braxton Ratliff Ashland Blazer

11th / 20 Gunnar Gillis Mercer County

12th / 20 Ben VanHook Harrison County

13th / 20 Lorenzo Linsey Wayne County

17th / 20 Jacob Bellah Calloway County

18th / 20 Ben Abrell Russell County

19th / 20 Eli Sammons Greenup County

Pretty big group of returning Quarterbacks, do we expect anyone to have a breakout year?

Top Returning WRs in class 4a

2nd / 20 Titus Ransom Bourbon County

4th / 20 Stephen Cager Hopkinsville

9th / 20 Caleb Huskey Warren East

13th / 20 Nasean Roseberry Collins

16th / 20 Jamesy Swentzel West Jessamine

17th / 20 Aaron Miller Mad. North Hopkins

Who will be the new guys to enter into this group?

Are any of these kids getting any looks?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in the know, fill us in on what Hopkinsville's outlook appears to be next year. I know they've been pretty solid the past couple of years, but, what do they have returning, did they get hit hard with losses, etc.. I know they've added Mayfield to next years schedule, so, I'm curious to know what to expect from them.

2017 should be an interesting year for the tigers.. They got 3 big time player on offense with Johnso(QB) "Shorty" Cager(WR) and Dillard(RB). Lost some on the offense line which will be a concern for em. They also lost two really good WR not sure who they got to replace those two with but they should have at least some fast bodies to fill in.. I thought the Tigers had one of the best defense in 4A last year. They were very talented in the backfield and could play man and get away with it. Shorty will play both ways and hold down one of the corners position.. Not sure who they have to replace the seniors but won't be like they had this past season.. At LB they lost their best player and he was a handful(44).. Be hard to find someone who can make plays like that kid did. Upfront they lost couple of really good players that had good size and experience. Coach May (DC) is a good coach and will put together a solid unit but they were hit hard in that side of the ball and will be hard press to replace some of those studs he had this year.

Coach Clark has put together a good tuff non district schedule.. Probably the hardest schedule since Jones first couple of years at Hoptown. If they can avoid the injury bug and stay positive it should pay off come playoff time.. Hoptown can be really good team and start out 1-3 before district play how will their kids respond? Their not use to losing or playing 4 good teams in a roll.

Don't see anybody in their district with exception of maybe Madisonville giving them a challenge. It will come down to FS or Hoptown in 4A WKY. The Tigers will have home field advantage..

• 1 month later...
In the West the D1 favorite would be Hopkinsville. D2 would probably be Franklin Simpson with Allen County and Warren East gaining.

Region 2 likely is John Hardin, Shelby Co, or Collins.

My pick is another FS v JH semi final. That is a pick em.

The more I hear about ACS and WE, It doesn't sound like they will compete with FS for the district. I'm hearing that's ACS won't have the receivers to complete the passes to and that WE won't have the personnel to replace what they lost.

Franklin-Simpson returns a very strong defense. They did lose 4 key players imo from the defense but have some very good kids coming in behind those. Most of them played as much as the starters did. They could possibly end up being better defensively and the offense will be very explosive by the time they hit district play if not sooner.

Franklin-Simpson returns a very strong defense. They did lose 4 key players imo from the defense but have some very good kids coming in behind those. Most of them played as much as the starters did. They could possibly end up being better defensively and the offense will be very explosive by the time they hit district play if not sooner.

Sounds like FS may be right back at their winning ways this year if Fanofyours is right and I hope you are correct, because a winning FS team will make everyone better.

Regardless of order that IS NOT a brutal out of district schedule for FS. It's not a bad schedule, but far from brutal. Hopkinsville has some tough out of district opponents for sure.

Meade County is in the first five. That makes is one 6A and two 5A games plus E-town and Glasgow. You can't downgrade E-town much because of class. They are good. Franklin and Glasgow go back a long way (54 games). Fans in both towns enjoy that rivalry.

Not a very good team or powerhouse but Holmes has OLB Stanley Niceley returning he should have a pretty good season but not sure on how the team over all should be but great athlete and kid, hope to see him go on and continue his football career somewhere.

If Hoptown wins district 1 and FS wins district 2 and if both get to the region finals, Hoptown would host next year being an odd numbered year. Winner would host state semi-final.

Allen Co. returns their QB but he had a bad knee injury. Hopefully he will be able to play next year. If so, I expect them to give FS a harder time in 2017.

What about Madisonville? Their talent level seems to fluctuate a lot but about every five years or so they seem to have a really good team. Two years ago they played eventual state runner-up Owensboro to a one-point game in the region final I believe.

Madisonville is a year away from really being back in the mix.

If Hoptown wins district 1 and FS wins district 2 and if both get to the region finals, Hoptown would host next year being an odd numbered year. Winner would host state semi-final.

Allen Co. returns their QB but he had a bad knee injury. Hopefully he will be able to play next year. If so, I expect them to give FS a harder time in 2017.

What about Madisonville? Their talent level seems to fluctuate a lot but about every five years or so they seem to have a really good team. Two years ago they played eventual state runner-up Owensboro to a one-point game in the region final I believe.

I'm not sure that ACS will have enough receivers to throw to this year as Purple 88 has already told us. FS and ACS will always be a good game.

I do think ACS LB's will be solid this year.

I'm not sure that ACS will have enough receivers to throw to this year as Purple 88 has already told us. FS and ACS will always be a good game.

I do think ACS LB's will be solid this year.

Well the last 2 weren't. FS outscored ACS 74-0 in the 2 meetings this season

If the Patriots have Chase Wilson when the Franklin game rolls around this time, they'll give the Cats a good game. They'd have done that this year had he not been injured during those games. Plus, having seen those games, the defense battled Franklin well both times. But offensively, they just couldn't move the ball. The defense can only spend so much time on the field.

If the Patriots have Chase Wilson when the Franklin game rolls around this time, they'll give the Cats a good game. They'd have done that this year had he not been injured during those games. Plus, having seen those games, the defense battled Franklin well both times. But offensively, they just couldn't move the ball. The defense can only spend so much time on the field.

How much of ACS defense will be back next year?