4A 2017

You guys should remember that South Warren will step up to 5A next season. So the second round opponent will likely be Allen County Scottsville or an improved Warren East squad. Not a given, but would appear much more doable than either South Warren or Franklin Simpson.

I "believe" Hopkinsville would have to travel for a regional finals matchup at most likely Franklin Simpson. Lot of talent in Hoptown, but if they play that cupcake schedule again it will be very hard for them to beat a team the can match them for the most part athletically IMO.

If Hoptown wins district 1 and FS wins district 2 and if both get to the region finals, Hoptown would host next year being an odd numbered year. Winner would host state semi-final.

Allen Co. returns their QB but he had a bad knee injury. Hopefully he will be able to play next year. If so, I expect them to give FS a harder time in 2017.

What about Madisonville? Their talent level seems to fluctuate a lot but about every five years or so they seem to have a really good team. Two years ago they played eventual state runner-up Owensboro to a one-point game in the region final I believe.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should remember that South Warren will step up to 5A next season. So the second round opponent will likely be Allen County Scottsville or an improved Warren East squad. Not a given, but would appear much more doable than either South Warren or Franklin Simpson.

I "believe" Hopkinsville would have to travel for a regional finals matchup at most likely Franklin Simpson. Lot of talent in Hoptown, but if they play that cupcake schedule again it will be very hard for them to beat a team the can match them for the most part athletically IMO.

I saw in the newspaper that Hopkinsville was playing Mayfield next year in their second game

I think Hoptown also added Caldwell County not 100% positive but I believe they did.

That Hoptown/Caldwell rivalry used to be a hot one.

Not only the game but stealing each others players during the off season. This was 50-60's vintage. I'm sure that never goes on now. :bag:

FS will have three district games:

Allen Co., Warren East, Warren Central.

Traditional rival:

Russellville

Games I think are firm:

South Warren, Caldwell Co, Greenwood, Meade County

Not for sure:

Metcalfe Co.

One I wish for:

Glasgow

FS will have three district games:

Allen Co., Warren East, Warren Central.

Traditional rival:

Russellville

Games I think are firm:

South Warren, Caldwell Co, Greenwood, Meade County

Not for sure:

Metcalfe Co.

One I wish for:

Glasgow

Glasgow is on the schedule. Caldwell is off. Open up with E-town. Should be one of the best opening matchups in week 0 in my opinion. First half of the year will be a pretty brutal schedule for us.

E-town

Monroe

South Warren

Greenwood

Glasgow

I don't have our schedule in front of me as I type this but I think this is how it goes early. Meade County is in here somewhere. It is either before or after Glasgow. Hope that helps.

Glasgow is on the schedule. Caldwell is off. Open up with E-town. Should be one of the best opening matchups in week 0 in my opinion. First half of the year will be a pretty brutal schedule for us.

E-town

Monroe

South Warren

Greenwood

Glasgow

I don't have our schedule in front of me as I type this but I think this is how it goes early. Meade County is in here somewhere. It is either before or after Glasgow. Hope that helps.

Like you I was relying on memory....big mistake for me. I totally forgot Monroe.

Really glad to see Glasgow. That should be like the Russellville game. A fixture.

Elizabethtown will be a good one. The last one sure was. 1996, I think, FS put together a late long drive for the winning TD.

I don't think that is a brutal schedule opening the year for a 4A state finalist. 3 of the 5 opening games are versus 2A opponents. A brutal schedule would be opening against all 5A or 6A schools. Monroe was 3-8 and Glasgow finished 8-3 without any "quality" wins. Allen county was their best win and they struggled. Etown should be pretty good with what they have returning. I just don't see those opponents as what I would consider brutal.

Good luck trying to knock Hopkinsville's non-district schedule in 2017:

Scrimmage: Owensboro

Week 0: South Warren

Week 1: Mayfield

Week 2: Caldwell Co.

Week 3: Christian Co.

Week 4: Paducah Tilghman

Week 5: BYE

Week 6: Madisonville-North Hopkins

Week 7: Logan Co.

Week 8: Calloway Co.

Week 9: Hopkins Co. Central

Week 10: Greenwood

I don't think that is a brutal schedule opening the year for a 4A state finalist. 3 of the 5 opening games are versus 2A opponents. A brutal schedule would be opening against all 5A or 6A schools. Monroe was 3-8 and Glasgow finished 8-3 without any "quality" wins. Allen county was their best win and they struggled. Etown should be pretty good with what they have returning. I just don't see those opponents as what I would consider brutal.

Don't know that those teams are in any order.