4A 2017

JC lost alot to injury early in the year. Kids that might have started will be back. This is what I know will be back that.

Joe Jackson RB

Blake Gamble RB

Trevor May RB - probably switch to FB

Cody Rice - RB

Riley Preece QB

Pierce - Center

Bingham - OL

Dawson Stalker - DL

One of the Horn twins - OL (could play both lines)

Other Horn twin - DL (could play both lines)

Steven Gound (had torn ACL early in season) - DB/WR

Evan Adkins - OLB

There are at least 5-6 more I cant place at the moment. JC will be really tough to beat in 4A next year as well barring injury. I know they have 3 returning starting offensive lineman (Pierce, Horn, Bingham) and will have to replace one and a TE, but with pretty much their entire backfield and QB back running the belly read will be tough to stop again.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that one was coming. I tip my hat to the 2016 JC team. Their playoff performance was dominate. They were the better team but they are not 51 points better. The wheels came off for Wayne. Not unlike JC vs. South Warren. SW was not that much better than JC. Coach Matney said they were embarrassed and redeemed themselves vs FS. I promise The Cardinals have the same attitude. So the more that game is mentioned the harder they will work. So keep it up.

The purpose of my post was to rebut the implication that JC brings the same team into 2017. That simply is not the case. And to demonstrate that the Cardinals will have arguably the most veteran team in 4A with the experience of two semifinals games as starters. I have no doubt they are busting their tails today to get over that hump.

Johnson took a similar butt whooping in last year's title game, and it lit a wildfire.

I hope the same happens for the Cardinals. What the staff and players have done at that school in the past decade is remarkable.

F-S has a very good core returning. They will be a top 5 team imo. One game does not reflect the team F-S had this season. I think Saul Brady will be one of the best in class 4A. F-S had 4 sophomores start or play major minutes in the championship game. Good luck to the Wildcats in your off-season.

Daily News has Brady graduating with Robey and Caudill.

Hopkinsville returns some skill players next year. Looking at the KHSAA website they have their quarterback, top receiver and top two running backs coming back next year.

I agree with BT55, they have to figure out a way to get over the hump in the second round.

What did they graduate? What key positions do they have coming back?

Lost some key players imo...mainly the safety, corner, MLB, two d-lineman/olineman...are the ones I think will be hard to replace. But it's Hoptown, speed will never be a issue. I think it's more about what this team needs to add rather then what it is losing.

BT55

What do they need to add? Do you see them competing for the region this year or did they lose too much.

I think this was the year for them and S.W took it. I really Like what Clark is doing but I think he's a few more good Assistants away from being able to get over the hump. Johnson, Cager, and Dillard are going to be tough to stop.

Hopkinsville returns some skill players next year. Looking at the KHSAA website they have their quarterback, top receiver and top two running backs coming back next year.

I agree with BT55, they have to figure out a way to get over the hump in the second round.

Lost some key players imo...mainly the safety, corner, MLB, two d-lineman/olineman...are the ones I think will be hard to replace. But it's Hoptown, speed will never be a issue. I think it's more about what this team needs to add rather then what it is losing.

You guys should remember that South Warren will step up to 5A next season. So the second round opponent will likely be Allen County Scottsville or an improved Warren East squad. Not a given, but would appear much more doable than either South Warren or Franklin Simpson.

I "believe" Hopkinsville would have to travel for a regional finals matchup at most likely Franklin Simpson. Lot of talent in Hoptown, but if they play that cupcake schedule again it will be very hard for them to beat a team the can match them for the most part athletically IMO.

You guys should remember that South Warren will step up to 5A next season. So the second round opponent will likely be Allen County Scottsville or an improved Warren East squad. Not a given, but would appear much more doable than either South Warren or Franklin Simpson.

I "believe" Hopkinsville would have to travel for a regional finals matchup at most likely Franklin Simpson. Lot of talent in Hoptown, but if they play that cupcake schedule again it will be very hard for them to beat a team the can match them for the most part athletically IMO.

88 I was hoping you would give insight into this region. I followed this region this year and was curious as to who would rise with SW departure and FS graduating a lot of seniors. Will this be Hoptowns year or do you see FS winning this region again. What about JH?

88 I was hoping you would give insight into this region. I followed this region this year and was curious as to who would rise with SW departure and FS graduating a lot of seniors. Will this be Hoptowns year or do you see FS winning this region again. What about JH?

JH loses all on offense except for two linemen and two RB'sTyler Rheinheimer ,Steven Livers who can play along w TE Keener.

On D they graduated 8 of 11.

Maybe their biggest loss is K/P Devonta Guillory.

John will have some key pieces returning in Livers, Rheinheimer and WR/FS Anthony Witherspoon along with Junior to be DL Izaiah Reed who, IMO, is one of best prospects in our state at that position for the c/o 2019.

Fast,

Concerning 4A Region 1, I really think it's Franklin Simpson, Hopkinsville and everybody else.

However, I expect Allen County Scottsville to compete very well. They have a super QB in SR to be Chase Wilson. Problem is the only WRs coming back caught a maximum of 7 passes all last year. They will have super LBs in Meador and Borth to lead that unit.

I also expect Calloway County to improve in District 1. Their stud 2-way QB/S Jacob Bellah will be a SR. Their main RB is back and 3 of their top 6 defensive players return.

I think Warren East has a chance to stay about the same because they lose their star QB Chauncy Greer and backup Satterfield. They do return some strong guys on defense though.

I don't see Madisonville being that much better as they lost their dual threat QB Gipson and 3 of their 4 leading tacklers on defense.

So honestly, I think its Hoptown and Franklin to meet for the Regional Championship.

Concerning Region 2, I expect John Hardin to still compete well there. I know Harry reported they lose some guys, but they always do and still VERY tough come November. It may take them awhile to get going, but they get there. I really don't know the Shelby County, Spencer County, Collins District enough to know about them, but others do. Hope this helps!