4A 2017

How much of ACS defense will be back next year?

Fanofyours says that FS will have plenty of fire power on both sides of the ball. Thinks the defense could be better than last year. That thought alone is scary, because they were good all year until the last game. If Chase doesn't have anything to throw it to, it will be difficult to stand in the pocket and look for something.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of ACS defense will be back next year?

Fanofyours says that FS will have plenty of fire power on both sides of the ball. Thinks the defense could be better than last year. That thought alone is scary, because they were good all year until the last game. If Chase doesn't have anything to throw it to, it will be difficult to stand in the pocket and look for something.

I'm not 100% certain how much is back because of the incomplete nature of their roster online. I do know that 6 of their top 9 tacklers return. My unscientific choice of a single game to review showed that 2 of their 3 LBs and 2 of their 4 DL for that particular game return.

Franklin loses 3 of their front 4 and two out of the secondary, but do return their entire linebacking corps. They lost a lot on offense, but with Brady back, they'll be at least set for a stud back. We'll have to see what happens without Robey as a compliment and at QB, but I'd expect Franklin to be solid offensively.

As for the bit about Chase, he had guys to throw to this year and it was still difficult in the pocket. But his arm strength and accuracy were far better than those that replaced him, and he has great mobility as well. I believe the Pats are far better off with him in the backfield and "no one" to throw to than the reverse. And "no one" is really just a fancy way of saying that they don't have anyone returning. They'll find receivers. You can almost always find someone who can catch some, but you can't usually find just anyone to throw it. Colton Cox was one of their leading receivers and suffered numerous drops. Where ACS will be lacking is in having a guy like Ward that you really trust to catch it. That's what they'll have to be looking to replace.

FS's front four were studs and made that Defense. You don't lose 3 of those 4 and "be as good or better".

Don't believe me? Just ask South Warren.

Should make for a great year. What does East have to fill their losses? I know your defense will be solid. What about your offense?

FS's front four were studs and made that Defense. You don't lose 3 of those 4 and "be as good or better".

Don't believe me? Just ask South Warren.

I agree it's hard to replace senior studs, but I have to tell you, I was able to get a look at the kids that will replenish the lines for FS and man they are big. If they have any strength to go with their size Brady and company will run for days.

• 9 months later...
I agree it's hard to replace senior studs, but I have to tell you, I was able to get a look at the kids that will replenish the lines for FS and man they are big. If they have any strength to go with their size Brady and company will run for days.

Yep fast, you were right! Love what Coach Preston and company are building at FS!